Welcome to CIH
The Centre for International Health is a centre at at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry (MOF), University of Bergen (UiB). CIH has a particular obligation to working interfacultary at the UiB and together with the departments at MOF. CIH aims to address health in low-income countries.
This is done through research, postgraduate teaching and advanced training in areas of importance for collaborating universities and other institutions in low-income countries. CIH is also involved in teaching in Global Health issues for undergradutate students in health.
Top ten in Oxford Journal
Mercy Njeru’s paper on HIV testing has been selected as one of the top ten resources on mixed methods research in health systems.
Many Norwegian stakeholders work actively to improve the access to and the quality of health services at a global scale. The Centre for International Health is one of them.
A new call for applications offers an opportunity to prospective post-doctoral researchers who plan to develop a project in the spring of 2013. The deadline is 15 April.
A delegation from UiB headed by Rector Sigmund Grønmo visited Makerere University to celebrate 25 years of collaboration between the two universities.
At a seminar on 14 December the author of "Neurology in Africa" told the story behind the book. UiB representatives described it as an ideal for the future.
CalendarSee the entire calendar
- CIH publication one of 10 best resources on mixed methods research (12.04.2013)
- NOK 2 billion to new Centres of Excellence (12.11.2012)
- Free online textbook on neurology (01.10.2012)
- Health workers prefer public sector (20.09.2012)
- Publishing African Neurology Textbook (11.07.2011)
CIH in the media
- Sharp rise in foreign PhD enrolments in Scandinavia (18.05.13)
- Why give birth in health facility? Users' and providers' accounts of poor quality of birth care in Tanzania (10.05.13)
- TWN Info Service on Health Issues (Apr13/03) 29 April 2013 Third World Network (30.04.13)
- Stanford Researcher Offers a Modest Proposal for Food Relief (16.04.13)
- Care-Seeking and Management of Common Childhood Illnesses in Tanzania - Results from the 2010 Demographic and Health Survey (13.03.13)