Global Health and Vaccination Conference
The 6th Conference on Global Health and Vaccination Research, “Contributions to Global Health Research, Capacity Building and Governance”, will take place in Oslo 12 -13 September 2011.
This conference is also the Norwegian Medical Association's 125th Anniversary Conference.
The aim is to enhance our understanding of how Norwegian key partners, in cooperation with the global health community, can contribute to bridge the research gap by strengthening research, capacity building and governance.
The conference will give national and international researchers, health professionals and decision-makers a mutual meeting point to discuss key issues and suggest future policies.
The organizers are happy to announce the participation of several excellent speakers such as
- Nils Daulaire, Director Office of Global Health Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Francis Omaswa, Executive Director African Centre for Global Health and Social Transformation
- Bjørn Guldvog, Deputy Director-General Norwegian Directorate for Health
- Rune Nilsen, Director Centre for International Health, President Norwegian Forum for Global Health Research
- Franklin Lisk, Professorial Research Fellow, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation, University of Warwick
Date: 12 – 13 September 2011
Location: Soria Moria Hotel and Conference Center, Oslo, Norway
Stake holders, researchers, health professionals and students are most welcome to participate. The conference fee is only NOK 750.-, and includes lunch both days, as well as the conference dinner on the 12th. All participants are invited to submit an abstract!
Deadline for registration: 18th of August
Deadline for abstract submission: 15th of May
The conference is organised in association with:
- The Research Council of Norway Programme for Global Health and Vaccination Research (GLOBVAC)
- Norwegian Forum for Global Health Research
- The Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad)
- The Norwegian Directorate of Health
- The University of Oslo
More information on the conference will be available shortly.
Read more at the Norwegian Medical Association's website.
Last updated 10.11.2011