The Department of Clinical Dentistry aims to be a leading institution for research, education and knowledge sharing within the field of dentistry.
Department research and education is carried out in close cooperation with other institutes at the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry and with the Dental University Hospital.
The Department of Clinical Dentistry produces approximately 50 scientific publications and 5 PhD dissertations a year. The department carries out research projects financed by the Research Council of Norway, Helse Vest and Fylkestannlegen and aims to educate 48 dentists and 21 Bachelors of Dental Hygiene yearly.
Research at the Department
Department of Clinical Dentistry focuses on translational research based on a clinical approach. The research is strengthened through 4 thematic research groups: Biomaterials, Craniofacial Development and Function, Oral Infections and Inflammations, Patient and Community Based Clinical Dental Research
Welcome to the Department of Clinical Dentistry
There will be held Election to the Department Board at The Department of Clinical Dentistry
Biomaterials is now established in the new Labororatory building at Haukeland University Hospital
Paula, Ashley and Amy are exchange students in Dentistry. This fall they have chosen to leave their universities to spend a semester at the University of Bergen.
- Ines Kutzner guest researcher at Biomaterials and Department of Clinical Medicine (23.09.2013)
- Biologic responses to substances in dental fillings: PhD defence (22.09.2013)
- ‘The Tooth Bank’ project received grants from Tannlege Einar Bergersens Legat (07.07.2013)
- Nanoparticles: PhD defence (01.07.2013)
- New biomechanical testing system at BioMatLab (17.10.2012)