Mål og innhald
In writing the thesis you are required to pursue independent scientific work and presentation.
The Master's Thesis shall explore a topic/issue which is relevant to Administration and Organizational Science. It is required that the topic and research problem of the Master's Thesis takes its point of departure from the research agenda of the research groups which structures the research activities of the institute. It is also required that you follow the research seminar organized by your research group as an integral part of your work with your master´s thesis.
The student acquires advanced knowledge of
- conducting independent research based on empirical data collected by the student him/herself.
- is capable of independent and critical analysis and interpretation.
- can demonstrate skills about writing a scientific dissertation, developing relevant and logical arguments, and using various reference sources.
The student can
- critically examine various sources of data and information.
- ask scientific questions about social events and realities.
- make decisions regarding choice of research theme and issue, theoretical and methodological approaches and tools, formulation and development of hypotheses and analysis of data.
Krav til forkunnskapar
Fulfilment of general admission requirements for the Master of Philosophy in Public Administration Programme.
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Individual and collective supervision and dissertation seminars
In semester one of AORG351 the students are to participate in mandatory seminar regarding how to plan their studies and project. Submission of progress plan.
Presentation of master thesis draft. The student shall at least once comment a draft from a fellow student. Approved compulsory requirements are valid for one semester and must be completed each semester the student is registered for the course.
The Master¿s Thesis shall be submitted in the fourth semester and the fixed date is June 1st in the spring semester. Submitting on a different date may be granted based on individual application.
The thesis must be 120 pages long, excluding the title page, table of contents, references and all attachments. The department can grant permission to hand in a longer thesis, if there are extraordinary academic reasons for it. A well-reasoned application must be sent to the head of department.
- 01.12.2017, 14:00