Mål og innhald
The course introduces students to analysis, design, and evaluation of the interaction between people and information and communication technologies. The aim is to give students an adequate understanding of the concepts of usability, user experience, and user-centered design. Special attention is given to interaction design activities, including establishing requirements, prototyping, and evaluation. Students will gain hands-on experience in designing interactive technologies and learn about current developments in the fields of interaction design and human-computer interaction.
Upon completion of the course the student should be able to:
- present a definition of interaction design.
- explain the concepts of usability and user experience.
- outline and discuss usability goals and user experience goals for designing an interactive product.
- demonstrate knowledge of design principles.
- present a simple lifecycle model of interaction design.
- describe different kinds of requirements.
- describe prototyping and different types of prototyping activities.
- discuss the advantages and disadvantages of low-fidelity and hi-fidelity prototypes.
- produce simple prototypes of interactive products.
- explain the key concepts and terms used in evaluation.
- demonstrate knowledge of different types of evaluation methods.
- discuss the conceptual, practical, and ethical issues involved in evaluation.
Krav til forkunnskapar
INFO100 or equivalent
Krav til studierett
Undervisningsformer og omfang av organisert undervisning
14-16 two-hour lectures, 14-16 two-hour seminars, group work, student presentations, and feedback on submitted assignments.
There will be mandatory assignments which must be completed and approved.
Mandatory participation: Attendance at mandatory labs (at least 80%).
Written exam (3 hours): 60%
1 group assignment: 40% of the total grade
Letter grade (A-F)
INFO262 overlaps 10 ECTS with INFO261 and INFO161
The course is evaluated by students every three years, and by the responsible lecturer each year.
Department of Information Science and Media Studies
Vurderingsordning: Written exam and group assignment (Ny eksamen)
Eksamensdel: Group assignment
Eksamensdel: Written exam
- 27.09.2017, 09:00
- 3 timer
- Digital eksamen