Mål og innhald
The course introduces students to analysis, design, and evaluation of the interaction between people and information and communication technologies. The aim is to give students an adequate understanding of the concepts of usability, user experience, and user-centered design. Special attention is given to interaction design activities, including establishing requirements, prototyping, and evaluation. Students will gain hands-on experience in designing interactive technologies and learn about current developments in the fields of interaction design and human-computer interaction.
A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
Knowledge: The candidate
- knows a definition of interaction design.
- knows the concepts of usability and user experience.
- has knowledge of design principles.
- knows a simple lifecycle model of interaction design.
- has knowledge about different kinds of requirements.
- has knowledge about prototyping and different types of prototyping activities.
- knows the key concepts and terms used in evaluation.
- has knowledge of different types of evaluation methods.
Skills: The candidate
- can outline and discuss usability goals and user experience goals for designing an interactive product.
- can discuss the advantages and disadvantages of low-fidelity and hi-fidelity prototypes
- can produce simple prototypes of interactive products.
- can discuss the conceptual, practical, and ethical issues involved in evaluation.
Krav til forkunnskapar
INFO100 or equivalent
Krav til studierett
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
14-16 two-hour lectures, 14-16 two-hour seminars, group work, student presentations, and feedback on submitted assignments.
There will be mandatory assignments which must be completed and approved.
Mandatory participation: Attendance at mandatory labs (at least 80%).
Written exam (3 hours): 60%
1 group assignment: 40% of the total grade
Letter grade (A-F)
INFO262 overlaps 10 ECTS with INFO261 and INFO161
The course is evaluated by students every three years, and by the responsible lecturer each year.
Department of Information Science and Media Studies
Klokkeslett for oppstart av skoleeksamen kan endre seg fra kl 09.00 til 15.00 eller vice versa inntil 14 dager før eksamen. Eksamenslokale publiseres 14 dager før eksamen.
Vurderingsordning: Written exam and group assignment
Eksamensdel: Group assignment
- 08.05.2018, 14:00
- Digital eksamen
Eksamensdel: Written exam
- 05.06.2018, 15:00
- 3 timer
- Digital eksamen