Mål og innhald
The course introduces the principles of logic-based knowledge representation and reasoning, as well as other important symbolic approaches to representing and reasoning about knowledge such as production systems, frames, taxonomies and Kripke models. How to represent different sorts of knowledge, such as uncertain or incomplete knowledge, knowledge about action and change, and knowledge about default situations, is discussed. Various types of reasoning are discussed, such as logical entailment, explanation and planning.
A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
Knowledge: The candidate
- has theoretical knowledge about principles for logic-based representation and reasoning.
- has a basic understanding of production systems, frames, inheritance systems and approaches to handling uncertain or incomplete knowledge.
- has a basic understanding of principles for reasoning with respect to explanation and planning.
- has a broad understanding of how knowledge based systems work which provides a solid foundation for further studies and for assessing when knowledge based approaches to problem solving are appropriate.
Skills: The candidate
- can analyze and design knowledge based systems intended for computer implementation.
INFO102 or equivalent. Solid background in programming.
Krav til studierett
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Lectures, seminars and data labs, normally 2 + 2 hours per week for 12-15 weeks.
There will be mandatory assignments which must be completed and approved.
Mandatory participation: Attendance at mandatory seminars and labs (at least 80%).
Written exam 4 hours.
The grading system has a descending scale from A to E for passes and F for fail.
INFO282 overlaps 10 ECTS with INFO281.
INFO282 is evaluated by students every three years, by the department every year.
Klokkeslettet kan bli endret frem til 14 dager før eksamen. Sted for eksamen vil bli publisert 14 dager før.
- 14.12.2017, 09:00
- 4 timer
- Digital eksamen
- Studentsenteret, Sal 1