Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Inneværende semester
- Neste semester
|Fagleg overlapp||Emnet overlapper fagleg med INFO281.|
Mål og innhald
The course introduces the principles of logic-based knowledge representation and reasoning, as well as other important symbolic approaches to representing and reasoning about knowledge such as production systems, frames and inheritance networks. How to represent different sorts of knowledge, such as uncertain or incomplete knowledge, knowledge about action and change, and knowledge about default situations, is discussed. Various types of reasoning are discussed, such as logical entailment, explanation and planning.
Upon completion of the course the student should be able to:
- demonstrate command of theoretical knowledge about principles for logic-based representation and reasoning.
- demonstrate a basic understanding of production systems, frames, inheritance systems and approaches to handling uncertain or incomplete knowledge.
- demonstrate a basic understanding of principles for reasoning with respect to explanation and planning.
- analyze and design knowledge based systems intended for computer implementation.
- demonstrate a broad understanding of how knowledge based systems work which provides a solid foundation for further studies and for assessing when knowledge based approaches to problem solving are appropriate.
Krav til studierett
INFO102 or equivalent. Solid background in programming.
Emnet overlapper fagleg med INFO281.
Undervisning og omfang
Lectures and data labs, normally 2 + 2 hours per week for 12-15 weeks.
3 mandatory assignments.
The assignments must be approved in the teaching semester, and they are valid in this and the following semester.
Written exam 4 hours.
The grading system has a descending scale from A to E for passes and F for fail.
INFO282 is evaluated by students every three years, by the Department every year.