Welcome to the Opening of Global Health Norway
Welcome to the Opening of Global Health Norway - Norwegian Institute for Research, Education and Capacity Building in Global Health
The main aim of this opening conference is to present the importance of the new established network in particular, and to discuss how Global Health Norway can have an impact.
Target group: We invite scientists, students, clinicians, politicians, stakeholders and others who work with global health issues to attend. Students from other countries who are temporary located in Norway are also welcome.
Register here within 1 December
Global Health Norway, founded in January 2017, is a Norwegian network that will function as a strategic organ for the participating institutions within the field of global health. Global Health Norway will focus on tasks as for instance:
- Raising the level of interest and competence within global health research and education
- Providing advice and academic input on global health issues
- Contributing to highlight the benefits of Norwegian efforts on global health issues for patients and society, globally and in Norway
- Increasing co-operation between academic institutions, health authorities, health institutions, industry, NGOs and governmental institutions in Norway on topics relevant for global health
- Stimulating interdisciplinary co-operation on global health issues within education and research
12.00-13.00 Lunch mingling / Registration
13.00-13.40 Official Opening
Rector Dag Rune Olsen, University of Bergen
Professor Nina Langeland, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bergen
Director Camilla Stoltenberg, Norwegian Institute of Public Health
13.40-14.30 Challenges within Global Health
Chief Executive John-Arne Røttingen, Research Council of Norway
Professor Thorkild Tylleskär, University of Bergen
Chair: Dean Per Bakke, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bergen
14.45-16.00 Examples of ongoing Global Health activities in Norway
• Norwegian Research School of Global Health, Professor Elisabeth Darj, NTNU.
• Centre for Development and the Environment, University of Oslo, Director Sidsel Roalkvam.
• Centre for Intervention Science in Maternal and Child Health, Professor Halvor Sommerfelt, CISMAC, University of Bergen.
• Strategy work on Global Health at Stavanger University Hospital, Dr Øystein Evjen Olsen.
• Global Health in Tromsø, Erik Eik Anda, University of Tromsø.
• Massive Open Online Course for developing countries, Professor Bente E. Moen, Centre for International Health, University of Bergen.
Chair: Bjørn Iversen, Norwegian Institute of Public Health
16.00-16.30 How can Global Health Norway best contribute:
Comments: Røttingen, Tylleskär, Evjen Olsen, Roalkvam