Published: 10.11.2011 (Last updated: 21.03.2018)
For CIH publications after 2015 please click here for a search in PubMed
- Aakre I, Bjøro T, Norheim I, Strand TA, Barikmo I, Henjum S. Development of thyroid dysfunction among women with excessive iodine intake - A 3-year follow-up. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2015 Jul
- Aase A, Sommerfelt H, Petersen LB, Bolstad M, Cox RJ, Langeland N, Guttormsen AB, Steinsland H, Skrede S, Brandtzaeg P. Salivary IgA from the sublingual compartment as a novel noninvasive proxy for intestinal immune induction. Mucosal Immunol. 2015 Oct 28.
- Abay SM, Deribe K, Reda AA, Baidgilign S, Datiko D, Assefa T, Todd M, Deribew A. The Effect of Early Initiation of Antiretroviral Therapy in TB/HIV Coinfected Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care. 2015 Aug 19.
- Akilimali PZ, Kashala-Abotnes E, Musumari PM, Kayembe PK, Tylleskar T, Mapatano MA. Predictors of Persistent Anaemia in the First Year of Antiretroviral Therapy: A Retrospective Cohort Study from Goma, the Democratic Republic of Congo. PLoS One. 2015 Oct 16
- Avong YK, Isaakidis P, Hinderaker SG, Van den Bergh R, Ali E, Obembe BO, Ekong E, Adebamowo C, Ndembi N, Okuma J, Osakwe A, Oladimeji O, Akang G, Obasanya JO, Eltayeb O, Agbaje AV, Abimiku A, Mensah CO, Dakum PS. Doing No Harm? Adverse Events in a Nation-Wide Cohort of Patients with Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis in Nigeria. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 17
- Awor P, Wamani H, Tylleskar T, Peterson S. Drug seller adherence to clinical protocols with integrated management of malaria, pneumonia and diarrhoea at drug shops in Uganda. Malar J. 2015 Jul 16
- Banda R, Sandøy IF, Fylkesnes K, Janssen F. Impact of Pregnancy-Related Deaths on Female Life Expectancy in Zambia: Application of Life Table Techniques to Census Data. PLoS One. 2015 Oct 29
- Basnet S, Sharma A, Mathisen M, Shrestha PS, Ghimire RK, Shrestha DM, Valentiner-Branth P, Sommerfelt H, Strand TA. Predictors of Duration and Treatment Failure of Severe Pneumonia in Hospitalized Young Nepalese Children. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 23
- Baste V, Oftedal G, Møllerløkken OJ, Mild KH, Moen BE. Prospective Study of Pregnancy Outcomes After Parental Cell Phone Exposure: The Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study. Epidemiology. 2015 Apr 22
- Berthelsen M, Pallesen S, Magerøy N, Tyssen R, Bjorvatn B, Moen BE, Knardahl S. Effects of Psychological and Social Factors in Shiftwork on Symptoms of Anxiety and Depression in Nurses: A 1-Year Follow-Up. J Occup Environ Med. 2015 Oct
- Birungi N, Fadnes LT, Okullo I, Kasangaki A, Nankabirwa V, Ndeezi G, Tumwine JK, Tylleskär T, Lie SA, Åstrøm AN. Effect of Breastfeeding Promotion on Early Childhood Caries and Breastfeeding Duration among 5 Year Old Children in Eastern Uganda: A Cluster Randomized Trial. PLoS One. 2015 May 4
- Bjorvatn B, Magerøy N, Moen BE, Pallesen S, Waage S. Parasomnias are more frequent in shift workers than in day workers. Chronobiol Int. 2015 Nov 5
- Chimhutu V, Tjomsland M, Songstad NG, Mrisho M, Moland KM. Introducing payment for performance in the health sector of Tanzania- the policy process. Global Health. 2015 Sep 2
- Chowdhury R, Sinha B, Sankar MJ, Taneja S, Bhandari N, Rollins N, Bahl R, Martines J. Breastfeeding and Maternal Health Outcomes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Acta Paediatr. 2015 Jul 14.
- Dangisso MH, Datiko DG, Lindtjørn B. Low case notification rates of childhood tuberculosis in southern Ethiopia. BMC Pediatr. 2015 Oct 1
- Dangisso MH, Datiko DG, Lindtjørn B. Spatio-Temporal Analysis of Smear-Positive Tuberculosis in the Sidama Zone, Southern Ethiopia. PLoS One. 2015 Jun 1
- Daniels JF, Khogali M, Mohr E, Cox V, Moyo S, Edginton M, Hinderaker SG, Meintjes G, Hughes J, De Azevedo V, van Cutsem G, Cox HS. Time to ART Initiation among Patients Treated for Rifampicin-Resistant Tuberculosis in Khayelitsha, South Africa: Impact on Mortality and Treatment Success. PLoS One. 2015 Nov 10
- Degerud EM, Manger MS, Strand TA, Dierkes J. Bioavailability of iron, vitamin A, zinc, and folic acid when added to condiments and seasonings. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2015 Oct 15.
- Delamou A, Diallo M, Beavogui AH, Delvaux T, Millimono S, Kourouma M, Beattie K, Barone M, Barry TH, Khogali M, Edginton M, Hinderaker SG, Zhang WH, De Brouwere V. Good clinical outcomes from a seven years holistic program of fistula repair in Guinea. Trop Med Int Health. 2015 Feb 23
- de Marco R, Marcon A, Rossi A, Antó JM, Cerveri I, Gislason T, Heinrich J, Janson C, Jarvis D, Kuenzli N, Leynaert B, Probst-Hensch N, Svanes C, Wjst M, Burney P. Asthma, COPD and overlap syndrome: a longitudinal study in young European adults. Eur Respir J. 2015 Jun 25
- Ellefsen S, Hammarström D, Strand TA, Zacharoff E, Whist JE, Rauk I, Nygaard H, Vegge G, Hanestadhaugen M, Wernbom M, Cumming KT, Rønning R, Raastad T, Rønnestad BR. Blood flow-restricted strength training displays high functional and biological efficacy in women: a within-subject comparison with high-load strength training. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2015 Jul 22
- Finger JD, Varnaccia G, Tylleskär T, Lampert T, Mensink GB. Dietary behaviour and parental socioeconomic position among adolescents: the German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents 2003-2006 (KiGGS). BMC Public Health. 2015 May 19
- Gadoev J, Asadov D, Tillashaykhov M, Tayler-Smith K, Isaakidis P, Dadu A, Colombani P, Gudmund Hinderaker S, Parpieva N, Ulmasova D, Jalolov A, Hamraev A, Ali E, Boom MV, Hammerich A, Gozalov O, Dara M. Factors Associated with Unfavorable Treatment Outcomes in New and Previously Treated TB Patients in Uzbekistan: A Five Year Countrywide Study. PLoS One. 2015 Jun 15
- Gundersen H, Harris A, Bråtveit M, Moen BE. Odor-related Chronic Somatic Symptoms Are Associated with Self-Reported Asthma and Hay Fever: The Hordaland Health Study. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2015 Feb
- Hagos Gebreyesus S, Lunde T, Mariam DH, Woldehanna T, Lindtjørn B. Is the adapted Household Food Insecurity Access Scale (HIFAS) developed internationally to measure food insecurity valid in urban and rural households of Ethiopia? BMC Nutrition. 2015 Jan 21
- Haugen J, Chandyo RK, Brokstad KA, Mathisen M, Ulak M, Basnet S, Valentiner-Branth P, Strand TA. Cytokine Concentrations in Plasma from Children with Severe and Non-Severe Community Acquired Pneumonia. PLoS One. 2015 Sep 25
- Henjum S, Torheim LE, Thorne-Lyman AL, Chandyo R, Fawzi WW, Shrestha PS, Strand TA. Low dietary diversity and micronutrient adequacy among lactating women in a peri-urban area of Nepal. Public Health Nutr. 2015 Mar 31
- Irgens-Hansen K, Gundersen H, Sunde E, Baste V, Harris A, Bråtveit M, Moen BE. Noise exposure and cognitive performance: A study on personnel on board Royal Norwegian Navy vessels. Noise Health. 2015 Sep-Oct
- Khan J, Stafstrom M, Martines JC. Feeding of Low Birth Weight Newborns in Tertiary Care Hospitals in Pakistan: Do They Follow the World Health Organization Latest Guidelines? J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2015 Aug
- Kibira SP, Muhumuza C, Bukenya JN, Atuyambe LM. "I Spent a Full Month Bleeding, I Thought I Was Going to Die…" A Qualitative Study of Experiences of Women Using Modern Contraception in Wakiso District, Uganda. PLoS One. 2015 Nov 2
- Kilale AM, Ngadaya E, Kagaruki GB, Lema YL, Muhumuza J, Ngowi BJ, Mfinanga SG, Hinderaker SG. Experienced and Perceived Risks of Mycobacterial Diseases: A Cross Sectional Study among Agropastoral Communities in Northern Tanzania. PLoS One. 2015 Jun 24
- Kismul H, Hatløy A, Andersen P, Mapatano M, Van den Broeck J, Moland KM. The social context of severe child malnutrition: a qualitative household case study from a rural area of the Democratic Republic of Congo. Int J Equity Health. 2015 May 19
- Kvestad I, Taneja S, Kumar T, Hysing M, Refsum H, Yajnik CS, Bhandari N, Strand TA; Folate and Vitamin B12 Study Group. Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid Improve Gross Motor and Problem-Solving Skills in Young North Indian Children: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. PLoS One. 2015 Jun 15
- Kvestad I, Taneja S, Hysing M, Kumar T, Bhandari N, Strand TA. Diarrhea, Stimulation and Growth Predict Neurodevelopment in Young North Indian Children. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 31
- Lindsay B, Oundo J, Hossain MA, Antonio M, Tamboura B, Walker AW, Paulson JN, Parkhill J, Omore R, Faruque AS, Das SK, Ikumapayi UN, Adeyemi M, Sanogo D, Saha D, Sow S, Farag TH, Nasrin D, Li S, Panchalingam S, Levine MM, Kotloff K, Magder LS, Hungerford L, Sommerfelt H, Pop M, Nataro JP, Stine OC. Microbiota That Affect Risk for Shigellosis in Children in Low-Income Countries. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015 Feb
- Mazalale J, Kambala C, Brenner S, Chinkhumba J, Lohmann J, Mathanga DP, Robberstad B, Muula AS, De Allegri M. Factors associated with delivery outside a health facility: cross-sectional study in rural Malawi. Trop Med Int Health. 2015 Feb 6.
- Millar SR, Perry IJ, Broeck JV, Phillips CM. Optimal Central Obesity Measurement Site for Assessing Cardiometabolic and Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Middle-Aged Adults. PLoS One. 2015 Jun 4
- Moen BE, Baste V, Morken T, Alsaker K, Pallesen S, Bjorvatn B. Menstrual characteristics and night work among nurses. Ind Health. 2015 Apr 24
- Moges T, Gedlu E, Isaakidis P, Kumar A, Van Den Berge R, Khogali M, Mekasha A, Hinderaker SG. Infective endocarditis in Ethiopian children: a hospital based review of cases in Addis Ababa. Pan Afr Med J. 2015 Jan 28
- Mori AT, Norheim OF, Robberstad B. Budget Impact Analysis of Using Dihydroartemisinin-Piperaquine to Treat Uncomplicated Malaria in Children in Tanzania. Pharmacoeconomics. 2015 Oct 31.
- Mustafa T, Brokstad KA, Mfinanga SG, Wiker HG. Multiplex Analysis of Pro- or Anti-Inflammatory Serum Cytokines and Chemokines in relation to Gender and Age among Tanzanian Tuberculous Lymphadenitis Patients. Tuberc Res Treat. 2015Apr 28
- Nankabirwa V, Tumwine JK, Mugaba PM, Tylleskär T, Sommerfelt H; PROMISE- EBF Study Group. Child survival and BCG vaccination: a community based prospective cohort study in Uganda. BMC Public Health. 2015 Feb 22.
- Nelissen E, Ersdal H, Mduma E, Evjen-Olsen B, Broerse J, van Roosmalen J, Stekelenburg J. Helping Mothers Survive Bleeding After Birth: retention of knowledge, skills, and confidence nine months after obstetric simulation-based training. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2015 Aug 25
- Nicolas Nagot, MD*, Chipepo Kankasa, MD*, James K Tumwine, MD, Nicolas Meda, MD, G Justus Hofmeyr, MD, Roselyne Vallo, MSc, Mwiya Mwiya, MD, Mary Kwagala, MD, Hugues Traore, MD, Amwe Sunday, MD, Mandisa Singata, MSc, Chafye Siuluta, MSc, Eric Some, MD, David Rutagwera, MSc, Desire Neboua, MD, Grace Ndeezi, MD, Debra Jackson, DSc, Valérie Maréchal, PhD, Dorine Neveu, PhD, Ingunn M S Engebretsen, PhD, Carl Lombard, PhD, Stéphane Blanche, MD, Halvor Sommerfelt, MD, Claire Rekacewicz, MD, Thorkild Tylleskär, MD†, Prof Philippe Van de Perre, MD†correspondenceemailfor the ANRS 12174 Trial Group‡. *Joint first authors. †Joint senior authors. Extended pre-exposure prophylaxis with lopinavir–ritonavir versus lamivudine to prevent HIV-1 transmission through breastfeeding up to 50 weeks in infants in Africa (ANRS 12174): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2015 Nov 18.
- Nigatu AW, Bråtveit M, Deressa W, Moen BE. Respiratory symptoms, fractional exhaled nitric oxide & endotoxin exposure among female flower farm workers in Ethiopia. J Occup Med Toxicol. 2015 Feb 26
- Okware SI, Omaswa F, Talisuna A, Amandua J, Amone J, Onek P, Opio A, Wamala J, Lubwama J, Luswa L, Kagwa P, Tylleskar T. Managing Ebola from rural to urban slum settings: experiences from Uganda. Afr Health Sci. 2015 Mar
- Purohit M, Mustafa T. Laboratory Diagnosis of Extra-pulmonary Tuberculosis (EPTB) in Resource-constrained Setting: State of the Art, Challenges and the Need. J Clin Diagn Res. 2015 Apr
- Ramokolo V, Lombard C, Chhagan M, Engebretsen IM, Doherty T, Goga AE, Fadnes LT, Zembe W, Jackson DJ, Van den Broeck J. Effects of early feeding on growth velocity and overweight/obesity in a cohort of HIV unexposed South African infants and children. Int Breastfeed J. 2015 Apr 2
- Rifat M, Hall J, Oldmeadow C, Husain A, Hinderaker SG, Milton AH. Factors related to previous tuberculosis treatment of patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Bangladesh. BMJ Open. 2015 Sep 8
- Roelen CA, Heymans MW, Thun E, Reknes I, Laaksonen M, Magerøy N, Twisk J, Bjorvatn B, Pallesen S, Moen BE. Predictive Value of the SF-12 for Sickness Absence Because of Mental, Musculoskeletal, and Other Somatic Disorders. J Occup Environ Med. 2015 Oct.
- Ruhago GM, Ngalesoni FN, Robberstad B, Norheim OF. Cost-effectiveness of live oral attenuated human rotavirus vaccine in Tanzania. Cost Eff Resour Alloc. 2015 Apr 28
- Sankar MJ, Sinha B, Chowdhury R, Bhandari N, Taneja S, Martines J, Bahl R. Optimal Breastfeeding Practices and Infant and Child Mortality- A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Acta Paediatr. 2015 Aug 7.
- Senkoro M, Hinderaker SG, Mfinanga SG, Range N, Kamara DV, Egwaga S, van Leth F. Health care-seeking behaviour among people with cough in Tanzania: findings from a tuberculosis prevalence survey. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 20 Jun
- Singh P, Arora S, Lal S, Strand TA, Makharia GK. Risk of Celiac Disease in the First- and Second-Degree Relatives of Patients With Celiac Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2015 Sep 29
- Singh P, Arora S, Lal S, Strand TA, Makharia GK. Celiac Disease in Women With Infertility: A Meta-Analysis. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2015 Jan 1.
- Singh P, Wadhwa N, Lodha R, Sommerfelt H, Aneja S, Natchu UC, Chandra J, Rath B, Sharma VK, Kumari M, Saini S, Kabra SK, Bhatnagar S, Strand TA. Predictors of Time to Recovery in Infants with Probable Serious Bacterial Infection. PLoS One. 2015 Apr 24
- Sinha B, Chowdhury R, Sankar MJ, Martines J, Taneja S, Mazumder S, Rollins N, Bahl R, Bhandari N. Interventions to Improve Breastfeeding Outcomes: Systematic Review and Meta Analysis. Acta Paediatr. 2015 Jul 16.
- Storaas T, Zock JP, Morano AE, Holm M, Bjørnsson E, Forsberg B, Gislason T, Janson C, Norback D, Omenaas E, Schlünssen V, Torén K, Svanes C. Incidence of rhinitis and asthma related to welding in Northern Europe. Eur Respir J. 2015 Jul 23.
- Strand TA, Taneja S, Kumar T, Manger MS, Refsum H, Yajnik CS, Bhandari N. Vitamin B-12, Folic Acid, and Growth in 6- to 30-Month-Old Children: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Pediatrics. 2015 Mar 23
- Suliman S, Parajuli H, Sun Y, Johannessen AC, Finne-Wistrand A, McCormack E, Mustafa K, Costea DE. Establishment of a bioluminescence model for microenvironmentally induced oral carcinogenesis with implications for screening bioengineered scaffolds. Head Neck. 2015 Aug 14.
- Svanes Ø, Skorge TD, Johannessen A, Bertelsen RJ, Bråtveit M, Forsberg B, Gislason T, Holm M, Janson C, Jögi R, Macsali F, Norbäck D, Omenaas ER, Real FG, Schlünssen V, Sigsgaard T, Wieslander G, Zock JP, Aasen T, Dratva J, Svanes C. Respiratory Health in Cleaners in Northern Europe: Is Susceptibility Established in Early Life? PLoS One. 2015 Jul 13
- Taneja S, Bahl S, Mazumder S, Martines J, Bhandari N, Bhan MK. Impact on inequities in health indicators: Effect of implementing the integrated management of neonatal and childhood illness programme in Haryana, India. J Glob Health. 2015 Jun
- Tjalvin G, Lygre SH, Hollund BE, Moen BE, Bråtveit M. Health complaints after a malodorous chemical explosion: a longitudinal study. Occup Med (Lond). 2015 Jan 31
- Våga BB, Moland KM, Blystad A. Boundaries of confidentiality in nursing care for mother and child in HIV programmes. Nurs Ethics. 2015 May 8
- Woldesemayat EM, Datiko DG, Lindtjørn B. Follow-Up of Chronic Coughers Improves Tuberculosis Case Finding: Results from a Community-Based Cohort Study in Southern Ethiopia. PLoS One. 2015 Feb 26
- Yaya Y, Data T, Lindtjørn B. Maternal Mortality in Rural South Ethiopia: Outcomes of Community-Based Birth Registration by Health Extension Workers. PLoS One. 2015 March 23
- Yoshida S, Martines J, Lawn JE, Wall S, Souza JP, Rudan I, Cousens S; neonatal health research priority setting group, Aaby P, Adam I, Adhikari RK, Ambalavanan N, Arifeen SE, Aryal DR, Asiruddin S, Baqui A, Barros AJ, Benn CS, Bhandari V, Bhatnagar S, Bhattacharya S, Bhutta ZA, Black RE, Blencowe H, Bose C, Brown J, Bührer C, Carlo W, Cecatti JG, Cheung PY, Clark R, Colbourn T, Conde-Agudelo A, Corbett E, Czeizel AE, Das A, Day LT, Deal C, Deorari A, Dilmen U, English M, Engmann C, Esamai F, Fall C, Ferriero DM, Gisore P, Hazir T, Higgins RD, Homer CS, Hoque DE, Irgens L, Islam MT, de Graft-Johnson J, Joshua MA, Keenan W, Khatoon S, Kieler H, Kramer MS, Lackritz EM, Lavender T, Lawintono L, Luhanga R, Marsh D, McMillan D, McNamara PJ, Mol BW, Molyneux E, Mukasa GK, Mutabazi M, Nacul LC, Nakakeeto M, Narayanan I, Olusanya B, Osrin D, Paul V, Poets C, Reddy UM, Santosham M, Sayed R, Schlabritz-Loutsevitch NE, Singhal N, Smith MA, Smith PG, Soofi S, Spong CY, Sultana S, Tshefu A, van Bel F, Gray LV, Waiswa P, Wang W, Williams S, Wright L, Zaidi A, Zhang Y, Zhong N, Zuniga I, Bahl R. Setting research priorities to improve global newborn health and prevent stillbirths by 2025. J Glob Health. 2016 June
- Aakre I, Bjøro T, Norheim I, Strand TA, Barikmo I, Henjum S. Excessive iodine intake and thyroid dysfunction among lactating Saharawi women. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 06.10.2014
- Awor P, Wamani H, Tylleskar T, Jagoe G, Peterson S. Increased access to care and appropriateness of treatment at private sector drug shops with integrated management of malaria, pneumonia and diarrhoea: a quasi-experimental study in Uganda. PLoS One. 26.12.2014
- Alsaker K, Moen BE, Baste V, Morken T. Vold i parforhold kan gjøre lønnsarbeid vanskelig. Tidsskrift for kjønnsforskning 2014 ;Volum 38.(3-4) s. 270-286
- Bakolis I, Heinrich J, Zock JP, Norbäck D, Svanes C, Chen CM, Accordini S, Verlato G, Olivieri M, Jarvis D. House dust-mite allergen exposure is associated with serum specific IgE but not with respiratory outcomes. Indoor Air. 11.06.2014
- Basnet S, Mathisen M, Strand TA.
Oral zinc and common childhood infections-An update. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2014 May 22
- Buhaug, K, Moen BE, Irgens Å. Upper limb disability in Norwegian workers with hand-arm vibration syndrome. Journal of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology 2014
- Brolan CE, Hussain S, Friedman EA, Ruano AL, Mulumba M, Rusike I, Beiersmann C, Hill PS. Community participation in formulating the post-2015 health and development goal agenda: reflections of a multi-country research collaboration. Int J Equity Health. 2014 Oct 10
- Byskov J, Marchal B, Maluka S, Zulu JM, Bukachi SA, Hurtig AK, Blystad A, Kamuzora P, Michelo C, Nyandieka LN, Ndawi B, Bloch P, Olsen OE. The accountability for reasonableness approach to guide priority setting in health systems within limited resources - findings from action research at district level in Kenya, Tanzania, and Zambia. Health Res Policy Syst. 20.08.2014
- Caulfield LE, Bose A, Chandyo RK, Nesamvuni C, de Moraes ML, Turab A, Patil C, Mahfuz M, Ambikapathi R, Ahmed T. Infant Feeding Practices, Dietary Adequacy, and Micronutrient Status Measures in the MAL-ED Study. Clin Infect Dis. 01.11.2014
- Chinkumba J, Allegri MD, Muula AS, Robberstad B. Maternal and perinatal mortality by place of delivery in sub-Saharan Africa: a meta-analysis of population-based cohort studies. BMC Public Health. 28.09.2014
- Cung TG, Paus AS, Aghbar A, Kiserud T, Hinderaker SG. Stillbirths at a hospital in Nablus, 2010: a cohort study. Glob Health Action 05.09.2014
- Darmstadt GL, Kinney MV, Chopra M, Cousens S, Kak L, Paul VK, Martines J, Bhutta ZA, Lawn JE; for The Lancet Every Newborn Study Group.
Who has been caring for the baby? Lancet. 19.05.2014
- Doherty T, Jackson D, Swanevelder S, Lombard C, Engebretsen IM, Tylleskär T, Goga A, Ekström EC, Sanders D; the PROMISE EBF study group. Severe events in the first 6 months of life in a cohort of HIV-unexposed infants from South Africa: effects of low birthweight and breastfeeding status.
Trop Med Int Health 23.07.2014
- El Tayeb S, Abdalla S, Van den Bergh G, Heuch I. Use of healthcare services by injured people in Khartoum State, Sudan. Int Health. 08.09.2014
- Engebretsen IM, Jackson D, Fadnes LT, Nankabirwa V, Diallo AH, Doherty T, Lombard C, Swanvelder S, Nankunda J, Ramokolo V, Sanders D, Wamani H, Meda N, Tumwine JK, Ekström EC, Van de Perre P, Kankasa C, Sommerfelt H, Tylleskär T. Growth effects of exclusive breastfeeding promotion by peer counsellors in sub-Saharan Africa: the cluster-randomised PROMISE EBF trial.BMC Public Health. 21.06.2014
- Finger JD, Mensink GB, Banzer W, Lampert T, Tylleskär T.
Physical activity, aerobic fitness and parental socio-economic position among adolescents: the German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Children and Adolescents 2003-2006 (KiGGS). Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 22.03.2014
- Flo E, Pallesen S, Moen BE, Waage S, Bjorvatn B.
Short rest periods between work shifts predict sleep and health problems in nurses at 1-year follow-up. Occup Environ Med. 2014 Jun 11
- Fredriksen EH, Harris J, Moland KM, Sundby J.
"They ask whether this is real or fake": a qualitative norwegian study of pregnancy complaints and access to social benefits. Health Care Women Int. 00.00.2014
- Granslo JT, Bråtveit M, Hollund BE, Lygre SH, Svanes C, Moen BE. Airway Symptoms and Lung Function Among Male Workers in an Area Polluted From an Oil Tank Explosion. J Occup Environ Med. 21.08.2014
- Fylkesnes K, Michelo C. Home-based voluntary HIV counselling and testing rooted in a community-oriented strategy in low resource setting. In: Community-Oriented Health Services, Practices Across Disciplines. Springer Publishing Company, 2014
- ISBN 082619818X, 9780826198181
- Hagos S, Lunde T, Mariam DH, Woldehanna T, Lindtjørn B. Climate change, crop production and child under nutrition in Ethiopia; a longitudinal panel study. BMC Public Health. 27.08.2014
- Hamusse SD, Damisse M, Lindtjørn B.
Trends in TB case notification over fifteen years: the case notification of 25 Districts of Arsi Zone of Oromia Regional State, Central Ethiopia. BMC Public Health. 02.04.2014
- Hamusse SD, Demisse M, Teshome D, Lindtjørn B. Fifteen-year trend in treatment outcomes among patients with pulmonary smear-positive tuberculosis and its determinants in Arsi Zone, Central Ethiopia. Glob Health Action. 19.09.2014
- Hanssen VM, Nigatu AW, Zeleke ZK, Moen BE, Bråtveit M.
High prevalence of respiratory and dermal symptoms among Ethiopian flower farm workers. Arch Environ Occup Health. 15.01.2014
- Irgens-Hansen K, Sunde E, Bråtveit M, Baste V, Oftedal G, Koefoed, VF, Lind O, Moen BE. Hearing loss in the royal Norwegian navy: a cross-sectional study. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health 2014
- Johannessen A, Verlato G, Benediktsdottir B, Forsberg B, Franklin K, Gislason T, Holm M, Janson C, Jögi R, Lindberg E, Macsali F, Omenaas E, Real FG, Saure EW, Schlünssen V, Sigsgaard T, Skorge TD, Svanes C, Torén K, Waatevik M, Nilsen RM, de Marco R. Longterm follow-up in European respiratory health studies - patterns and implications. BMC Pulm Med. 16.04.2014
- Kismul H, Schwinger C, Chhagan M, Mapatano M, Van den Broeck J.
Incidence and course of child malnutrition according to clinical or anthropometrical assessment: a longitudinal study from rural DR Congo. BMC Pediatr. 28.01.2014
- Kismul H, Van den Broeck J, Lunde TM.
Diet and kwashiorkor: a prospective study from rural DR Congo. PeerJ. 2014 Apr 15
- Koefoed, VF, Assmus J, Gould K, Høvding G Jr, Moen BE. Contrast sensitivity and the effect of 60-hour sleep deprivation. Acta Ophthalmologica 2014
- Kunst JR, Løset GK, Hosøy D, Bjorvatn B, Moen BE, Magerøy N, Pallesen S.
The relationship between shift work schedules and spillover in a sample of nurses. Int J Occup Saf Ergon. 0.0.14
- Kvåle G, Moen BE.
Policy for improving global health. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 13.05.2014
- Leander M, Lampa E, Rask-Andersen A, Franklin K, Gislason T, Oudin A, Svanes C, Torén K, Janson C. Impact of anxiety and depression on respiratory symptoms. Respir Med. 16.09.2014
- Lindsay BR, Chakraborty S, Harro C, Li S, Nataro JP, Sommerfelt H, Sack DA, Colin Stine O. Quantitative PCR and culture evaluation for enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) associated diarrhea in volunteers. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 01.03.2014
- Lodge CJ, Lowe AJ, Allen KJ, Zaloumis S, Gurrin LC, Matheson MC, Axelrad C, Welsh L, Bennett CM, Hopper J, Thomas PS, Hill DJ, Hosking CS, Svanes C, Abramson MJ, Dharmage SC. Childhood wheeze phenotypes show less than expected growth in FEV1 across adolescence. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 01.06.2014
- Lodge CJ, Zaloumis S, Lowe AJ, Gurrin LC, Matheson MC, Axelrad C, Bennett CM, Hill DJ, Hosking CS, Svanes C, Abramson MJ, Allen KJ, Dharmage SC. Early-life risk factors for childhood wheeze phenotypes in a high-risk birth cohort. J Pediatr. 01.02.2014
- Maes P, Harries AD, Van den Bergh R, Noor A, Snow RW, Tayler-Smith K, Hinderaker SG, Zachariah R, Allan R.
Can timely vector control interventions triggered by atypical environmental conditions prevent malaria epidemics? A case-study from wajir county, kenya. PLoS One. 03.04.2014
- Marcon A, Cerveri I, Wjst M, Antó J, Heinrich J, Janson C, Jarvis D, Leynaert B, Probst-Hensch N, Svanes C, Toren K, Burney P, de Marco R. Can an airway challenge test predict respiratory diseases? A population-based international study. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 01.01.2014
- Mazumder S, Taneja S, Bahl R, Mohan P, Strand TA, Sommerfelt H, Kirkwood BR, Goyal N, Van Den Hombergh H, Martines J, Bhandari N; on behalf of the Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness Evaluation Study Group. Effect of implementation of Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness programme on treatment seeking practices for morbidities in infants: cluster randomised trial. BMJ. 29.08.2014
- Mazumder S, Taneja S, Bhatia K, Yoshida S, Kaur J, Dube B, Toteja GS, Bahl R, Fontaine O, Martines J, Bhandari N; for the Neovita India Study Group. Efficacy of early neonatal supplementation with vitamin A to reduce mortality in infancy in Haryana, India (Neovita): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 10.12.2014
- Moen BE, Hanoa RO, Lie A, Larsen Ø. Duties performed by occupational physicians in Norway. Occup Med (Lond). 29.12.2014
- Moen BE, Waage S, Ronda E, Magerøy N, Pallesen S, Bjorvatn B. Spontaneous abortions and shift work in a cohort of nurses in Norway. Occupational Medicine & Health Affairs 2014
- Molfino L, Kumar AM, Isaakidis P, Van den Bergh R, Khogali M, Hinderaker SG, Magaia A, Lobo S, Gracia Edwards C, Walter J.
High attrition among HIV-infected patients with advanced disease treated in an intermediary referral center in Maputo, Mozambique. Glob Health Action. 08.04.2014
- Mori AT, Ngalesoni F, Norheim OF, Robberstad B. Cost-effectiveness of dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine compared with artemether-lumefantrine for treating uncomplicated malaria in children at a district hospital in Tanzania.Malar J 15.09.2014
- Mori AT, Kaale EA, Ngalesoni F, Norheim OF, Robberstad B. The role of evidence in the decision-making process of selecting essential medicines in developing countries: the case of Tanzania. PLoS One. 08.01.2014
- Mucunguzi S, Wamani H, Lochoro P, Tylleskär T. Effects of Improved Access to Transportation on Emergency obstetric Care Outcomes in Uganda. African Journal of Reproductive Health. 18.09.2014
- Mulumba M, Nantaba J, Brolan CE, Ruano AL, Brooker K, Hammonds R. Perceptions and experiences of access to public healthcare by people with disabilities and older people in Uganda. Int J Equity Health. 2014 Oct 8
- Mustafa T, Leversen NA, Sviland L, Wiker HG. Differential in vivo expression of mycobacterial antigens in Mycobacterium tuberculosis infected lungs and lymph node tissues. BMC Infect Dis. 03.10.2014
- Nagai S, Robinson R, Rahamefy JR, Randriambeloson SJ, Ranaivomanana DA, Razafindranaivo T, Rakotobe L, Ranaivo A, Hinderaker SG, Harries AD, Zachariah R.
Provider-initiated HIV testing and counselling for TB in low HIV prevalence settings: is it worthwhile? Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 23.01.2014
- Ng Anjo Phiri S, Fylkesnes K, Ruano AL, Moland KM. 'Born before arrival': user and provider perspectives on health facility childbirths in Kapiri Mposhi district, Zambia. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 16.09.2014
- Ng Anjo Phiri S, Kiserud T, Kvåle G, Byskov J, Evjen-Olsen B, Michelo C, Echoka E, Fylkesnes K. Factors associated with health facility childbirth in districts of Kenya, Tanzania and Zambia: a population based survey. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 04.07.2014
- Ngalesoni F, Ruhago G, Norheim OF, Robberstad B. Economic cost of primary prevention of cardiovascular diseases in Tanzania. Health Policy Plan. 11.08.2014
- Nkonki LL, Daviaud E, Jackson D, Chola L, Doherty T, Chopra M, Robberstad B; Promise-EBF Study Group.
Costs of promoting exclusive breastfeeding at community level in three sites in South Africa. PLoS One 10.01.2014
- Oladimeji O, Isaakidis P, Obasanya OJ, Eltayeb O, Khogali M, Van den Bergh R, Kumar AM, Hinderaker SG, Abdurrahman ST, Lawson L, Cuevas LE.Intensive-Phase Treatment Outcomes among Hospitalized Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis Patients: Results from a Nationwide Cohort in Nigeria. PLoS One. 10.04.2014
- Pereira PR, Isaakidis P, Hinderaker SG, Ali E, van den Boogaard W, Viana KS, Cassol R, Falci DR. Burden of isolation for multidrug-resistant organisms in a tertiary public hospital in Southern Brazil. Am J Infect Control. 03.12.2014
- Ramokolo V, Lombard C, Fadnes LT, Doherty T, Jackson DJ, Goga AE, Chhagan M, Van den Broeck J.
HIV infection, viral load, low birth weight, and nevirapine are independent influences on growth velocity in HIV-exposed South African infants. J Nutr. 01.01.2014
- Reknes I, Pallesen S, Magerøy N, Moen BE, Bjorvatn B, Einarsen S. Exposure to bullying behaviors as a predictor of mental health problems among Norwegian nurses: Results from the prospective SUSSH-survey. International Journal of Nursing Studies 2014
- Roelen CA, Heymans MW, Twisk JWR, van Rhenen W, Pallesen S, Bjorvatn B, Moen BE, Magerøy N. Updating and prospective validation of a prognostic model for high sickness absence. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health 2014
- Roelen CA, Heymans MW, Twisk JW, Laaksonen M, Pallesen S, Magerøy N, Moen BE, Bjorvatn B. Health measures in prediction models for high sickness absence: single-item self-rated health versus multi-item SF-12. Eur J Public Health. 01.12.2014
- Roelen, CA, van Rhenen W, Schaufeli WB, van der Klink, J.J.L.; Magerøy N, Moen BE, Bjorvatn B, Pallesen Ståle. Mental and physical health-related functioning mediates between psychological job demands and sickness absence among nurses. Journal of Advanced Nursing 2014
- Rongsen-Chandola T, Strand TA, Goyal N, Flem E, Rathore SS, Arya A, Winje BA, Lazarus R, Shanmugasundaram E, Babji S, Sommerfelt H, Vainio K, Kang G, Bhandari N. Effect of withholding breastfeeding on the immune response to a live oral rotavirus vaccine in North Indian infants. Vaccine 11.08.2014
- Rongsen-Chandola T, Winje BA, Goyal N, Rathore SS, Mahesh M, Ranjan R, Arya A, Rafiqi FA, Bhandari N, Strand TA. Compliance of mothers following recommendations to breastfeed or withhold breast milk during rotavirus vaccination in North India: a randomized clinical trial. Trials. 2014 Jun 28
- Scholtens S, Postma DS, Moffatt MF, Panasevich S, Granell R, Henderson AJ, Melén E, Nyberg F, Pershagen G, Jarvis D, Ramasamy A, Wjst M, Svanes C, Bouzigon E, Demenais F, Kauffmann F, Siroux V, von Mutius E, Ege MJ, Braun-Fahrländer C, Genuneit J; GABRIELA study group, Brunekreef B, Smit HA, Wijga AH, Kerkhof M, Curjuric I, Imboden M, Thun GA, Probst-Hensch N, Freidin MB, Bragina EIu, Deev IA, Puzyrev VP, Daley D, Park J, Becker A, Chan-Yeung M, Kozyrskyj AL, Pare P, Marenholz I, Lau S, Keil T, Lee YA, Kabesch M, Wijmenga C, Franke L, Nolte IM, Vonk J, Kumar A, Farrall M, Cookson WO, Strachan DP, Koppelman GH, Boezen HM. Novel childhood asthma genes interact with in utero and early-life tobacco smoke exposure. J Allergy Clin Immunol. March 2014
- Schwinger, C; Lunde, TM; Andersen, P; Kismul, H; Van den Broeck, J. 2014. Seasonal and spatial factors related to longitudinal patterns of child growth in Bwamanda, DR Congo. Earth Perspectives. 18.11.2014
Shayo EH, Våga BB, Moland KM, Kamuzora P, Blystad A. Challenges of disseminating clinical practice guidelines in a weak health system: the case of HIV and infant feeding recommendations in Tanzania. Int Breastfeed J. 2014 Dec 23
- Shrestha PS, Shrestha SK, Bodhidatta L, Strand T, Shrestha B, Shrestha R, Chandyo RK, Ulak M, Mason CJ. Bhaktapur, Nepal: The MAL-ED Birth Cohort Study in Nepal. Clin Infect Dis. 01.11.2014
- Skrede S, Steinsland H, Sommerfelt H, Aase A, Brandtzaeg P, Langeland N, Cox RJ, Sævik M, Wallevik M, Skutlaberg DH, Tellevik MG, Sack DA, Nataro JP, Guttormsen AB. Experimental infection of healthy volunteers with enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli wild-type strain TW10598 in a hospital ward.BMC Infect Dis. 04.09.2014
- Sunde E, Irgens-Hansen K, Moen BE, Gjestland T, Koefoed VF, Oftedal G, Bråtveit M. Noise and Exposure of Personnel Aboard Vessels in the Royal Norwegian Navy. Annals of Occupational Hygiene 2014
- Taxt AM, Diaz Y, Bacle A, Grauffel C, Reuter N, Aasland R, Sommerfelt H, Puntervoll P.
Characterization of immunological cross-reactivity between enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli heat-stable toxin and human guanylin and uroguanylin. Infect Immun. 28.04.2014
- Thun, Eirunn; Bjorvatn, Bjørn; Torsheim, Torbjørn; Moen, Bente Elisabeth; Magerøy, Nils; Pallesen, Ståle. Night work and symptoms of anxiety and depression among nurses: A longitudinal study. Work & Stress 2014
- Timm S, Svanes C, Janson C, Sigsgaard T, Johannessen A, Gislason T, Jogi R, Omenaas E, Forsberg B, Torén K, Holm M, Bråbäck L, Schlünssen V. Place of upbringing in early childhood as related to inflammatory bowel diseases in adulthood: a population-based cohort study in Northern Europe. Eur J Epidemiol. 29.06.2014
- Tjalvin G, Hollund BE, Lygre SH, Moen BE, Bråtveit M. Subjective Health Complaints Among Workers in the Aftermath of an Oil Tank Explosion. Arch Environ Occup Health 19.08.2014
- Tungu AM, Bråtveit M, Mamuya SH, Moen BE. Reduction in respiratory symptoms among cement workers: a follow-up study. Occup Med (Lond). 22.10.2014
- Tungu AM, Bråtveit M, Mamuya SH, Moen BE. The impact of reduced dust exposure on respiratory health among cement workers: an ecological study. J Occup Environ Med. 01.01.2014
- Tylleskär T.
A budget cut that nobody can live with. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 11.02.2014
- Ulak M, Chandyo RK, Adhikari RK, Sharma PR, Sommerfelt H, Refsum H, Strand TA. Cobalamin and folate status in 6 to 35 months old children presenting with acute diarrhea in bhaktapur, Nepal. PLoS One. 03.03.2014
- Vestbøstad E, Blystad A. Reflections on female circumcision discourse in Hargeysa, Somaliland: purified or mutilated? Afr J Reprod Health 18.06.2014
- Våga BB, Moland KM, Evjen-Olsen B, Blystad A.
Reflections on informed choice in resource-poor settings: The case of infant feeding counselling in PMTCT programmes in Tanzania. Soc Sci Med. 18.01.2014
- Waage S, Pallesen S, Moen BE, Magerøy N, Flo E, Di Milia L, Bjorvatn B. Predictors of shift work disorder among nurses: a longitudinal study. Sleep Med. 17.09.2014
- Westerlund E, Jerene D, Mulissa Z, Hallström I, Lindtjørn B. Pre-ART retention in care and prevalence of tuberculosis among HIV-infected children at a district hospital in southern Ethiopia. BMC Pediatr. 04.10.2014
- Wijeratne M, Seneviratne R, Gunawardena N, Ostbye T, Lynch C, Sandøy IF.Development of the sri lankan early teenagers' violence inventory: an instrument to measure peer violence in schools. Biomed Res Int. 29.06.2014
- Woldesemayat EM, Datiko DG, Lindtjørn B.
Use of biomass fuel in households is not a risk factor for pulmonary tuberculosis in South Ethiopia. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 18.01.2014
- Woyessa A, Deressa W, Ali A, Lindtjørn B.
Ownership and use of long-lasting insecticidal nets for malaria prevention in Butajira area, south-central Ethiopia: complex samples data analysis. BMC Public Health 31.01.2014
- Yaya Y, Eide KT, Norheim OF, Lindtjørn B.
Maternal and Neonatal Mortality in South-West Ethiopia: Estimates and Socio-Economic Inequality. PLoS One. 30.04.2014
- Yoshida S, Rudan I, Lawn JE, Wall S, Souza JP, Martines J, Bahl R; members of the neonatal health research priority setting group.
Newborn health research priorities beyond 2015. Lancet. 19.05.2014
- Zachariah R, Guillerm N, Berger S, Kumar AM, Satyanarayana S, Bissell K, Edginton M, Hinderaker SG, Tayler-Smith K, Van den Bergh R, Khogali M, Manzi M, Reid AJ, Ramsay A, Reeder JC, Harries AD.
Research to policy and practice change: is capacity building in operational research delivering the goods? Trop Med Int Health. 2014 Jun 9
- Zachariah R, Kumar AM, Reid AJ, Van den Bergh R, Isaakidis P, Draguez B, Delaunois P, Nagaraja SB, Ramsay A, Reeder JC, Denisiuk O, Ali E, Khogali M, Hinderaker SG, Kosgei RJ, van Griensven J, Quaglio GL, Maher D, Billo NE, Terry RF, Harries AD. Open access for operational research publications from low- and middle-income countries: who pays? Public Health Action. 2014 Sep 21
- Zulu JM, Michelo C, Msoni C, Hurtig AK, Byskov J, Blystad A.
Increased fairness in priority setting processes within the health sector: the case of Kapiri-Mposhi District, Zambia. BMC Health Serv Res. 18.02.2014
- Please find an overview of publications in 2013 from both the Centre for International Health and the Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care at the Department's website.
- Animut A, Gebre-Michael T, Balkew M, Lindtjørn B. Abundance and dynamics of anopheline larvae in a highland malarious area of south-central Ethiopia. Parasites & Vectors, 2012 Jun 13;5:117.
- Ankarklev J, Hestvik E, Lebbad M, Lindh J, Kaddu-Mulindwa DH, Andersson JO, Tylleskär T, Tumwine JK, Svärd SG. Common Coinfections of Giardia intestinalis and Helicobacter pylori in Non-Symptomatic Ugandan Children. PLoS Negl Trop Dis., 2012 Aug;6(8):e1780.
- Babirye JN, Engebretsen IM, Makumbi F, Fadnes LT, Wamani H, Tylleskar T, Nuwaha F. Timeliness of childhood vaccinations in kampala Uganda: a community-based cross-sectional study. PLoS One. 2012;7(4) Epub 2012 Apr 23.
- Basnet S, Shrestha PS, Sharma A, Mathisen M, Prasai R, Bhandari N, Adhikari RK, Sommerfelt H, Valentiner-Branth P, Strand TA; Zinc Severe Pneumonia Study Group A Randomized Controlled Trial of Zinc as Adjuvant Therapy for Severe Pneumonia in Young Children Pediatrics. 2012 Mar 5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bhandari N, Mazumder S, Taneja S, Sommerfelt H, Strand TA; on behalf of the IMNCI Evaluation Study Group. Effect of implementation of Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness (IMNCI) programme on neonatal and infant mortality: cluster randomised controlled trial. British Medical Journal (BMJ) 2012 Mar 21. -Comment/Editorial on the trial by Kim Eva Dickson, senior adviser on maternal and newborn health and Mickey Chopra, associate director, chief of health, UNICEF: Reducing neonatal mortality in resource poor settings
- Bhatnagar S, Wadhwa N, Aneja S, Lodha R, Kabra SK, Natchu UCM, Sommerfelt H, Dutta AK, Chandra J, Rath B, Sharma M, Sharma VK, Kumari M, Strand TA Zinc as adjunct treatment in infants aged between 7 and 120 days with probable serious bacterial infection: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial The Lancet, Volume 379, 2 June 2012
- Chhagan MK, Kauchali S, Van den Broeck J. Clinical and contextual determinants of anthropometric failure at baseline and longitudinal improvements after starting antiretroviral treatment among South African children. Tropical medicine and international health, 2012 Sep;17(9):1092-9.
- Diallo AH, Meda N, Sommerfelt H, Traore GS, Cousens S, Tylleskar T. The high burden of infant deaths in rural Burkina Faso: a prospective community-based cohort study. BMC Public Health, 2012 Sep 5;12(1):739. [Epub]
- Doherty T, Sanders D, Jackson D, Swanevelder S, Lombard C, Zembe W, Chopra M, Goga A, Colvin M, Fadnes LT, Engebretsen IM, Ekström EC, Tylleskär T; For the PROMISE EBF study group. Early cessation of breastfeeding amongst women in South Africa: an area needing urgent attention to improve child health. BMC Pediatrics, 2012 Jul 24;12(1):105
- Ersdal HL, Mduma E, Svensen E, Perlman J. Birth Asphyxia: A Major Cause of Early Neonatal Mortality in a Tanzanian Rural Hospital Pediatrics. 2012 Apr 16. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ersdal, HL; Mduma, Estomih; Svensen, Erling; Perlman, Jeffrey M. Early initiation of basic resuscitation interventions including face mask ventilation may reduce birth asphyxia related mortality in low-income countries: A prospective descriptive observational study Resuscitation Volume 83, Issue 7, July 2012, Pages 869–873
- Ersdal HL, Mduma E, Svensen E, Sundby J, Perlman J. Intermittent Detection of Fetal Heart Rate Abnormalities Identify Infants at Greatest Risk for Fresh Stillbirths, Birth Asphyxia, Neonatal Resuscitation, and Early Neonatal Deaths in a Limited-Resource Setting: A Prospective Descriptive Observational Study at Haydom Lutheran Hospital Neonatology, 2012;102(3):235-42. Epub 2012 Aug 15.
- Hestvik E, Olafsdottir E, Tylleskar T, Aksnes L, Kaddu-Mulindwa D, Ndeezi G, Tumwine JK, Grahnquist L. Faecal calprotectin in HIV-infected, HAART-naïve Ugandan children. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr., 2012 Jun;54(6):785-90.
- Jürgensen, Marte; Tuba, Mary; Fylkesnes, Knut; Blystad, Astrid. The burden of knowing: balancing benefits and barriers in HIV testing decisions. A qualitative study from Zambia BMC Health Services Research 2012, 12:2
- Kahabuka C, Moland KM, Kvåle G, Hinderaker SG. Unfulfilled expectations to services offered at primary health care facilities: Experiences of caretakers of underfive children in rural Tanzania. BMC Health Serv Res. , 2012 Jun 14;12:158
- Leta TH, Syndøy IF, Fylkesnes K. Factors affecting voluntary HIV counselling and testing among men in Ethiopia: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Public Health. 2012 Jun 15;12(1):438. [Epub]
- Loha E, Lindtjørn B. Predictors of Plasmodium falciparum Malaria Incidence in Chano Mille, South Ethiopia: A Longitudinal Study. Am J Trop Med Hyg., 2012 Sep;87(3):450-9
- Makasa M, Fylkesnes K, Michelo C, Kayeyi N, Chirwa B, Sandoy I. Declining Syphilis Trends in Concurrence With HIV Declines Among Pregnant Women in Zambia: Observations Over 14 Years of National Surveillance Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2012 Mar;39(3):173-81.
- Makasa M, Fylkesnes K, Sandoy IF. Risk factors, healthcare-seeking and sexual behaviour among patients with genital ulcers in Zambia. BMC Public Health2012 Jun 6;12(1):407.
- Manjeswori Ulak, Ram K Chandyo, Lotta Mellander, Prakash S Shrestha and Tor A Strand Infant feeding practices in Bhaktapur, Nepal: a cross-sectional, health facility based survey International Breastfeeding Journal 2012, 7:1
- Moen BE, Sakwari G, Mamuya SH, Kayumba AV, Larsson L, Pehrson C, Mashalla YJ, Bråtveit M. Respiratory inflammation among workers exposed to airborne dust with endotoxins in a coffee curing factory. J Occup Environ Med, 2012 Jul;54(7):847-50
- Nagaraja SB, Kumar AM, Sachdeva KS, Ramachandran R, Satyanarayana S, Bansal A, Parmar M, Chadha S, Nair S, Kumar A, Hinderaker SG, Edginton M, Dewan PK. Is One Sputum Specimen as Good as Two during Follow-Up Cultures for Monitoring Multi Drug Resistant Tuberculosis Patients in India? PLoS One, 2012;7(9):e45554.
- Ndeezi, Grace; Tylleskar, Thorkild; Ndugwa, Christopher M; Tumwine, James K Multiple micronutrient supplementation does not reduce diarrhoea morbidity in Ugandan HIV-infected children: a randomised controlled trial Paediatrics and International Child Health, Volume 32, Number 1, February 2012
- Nkomba Kayeyi, Knut Fylkesnes, Charles Michelo, Mpundu Makasa, Ingvild Sandøy Decline in HIV Prevalence among Young Women in Zambia: National-Level Estimates of Trends Mask Geographical and Socio-Demographic Differences PLoS One. 2012;7(4):e33652. Epub 2012 Apr 4.
- Onarheim KH*, Tessema S, Johansson KA, Eide KT, Norheim OF, Miljeteig I. (*Research Group for Global Health, Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care and Center for International Health, UiB) Prioritizing Child Health Interventions in Ethiopia: Modeling Impact on Child Mortality, Life Expectancy and Inequality in Age at Death PLoS One, 2012;7(8):e41521. Epub 2012 Aug 7.
- Purohit MR, Mustafa T, Wiker HG, Sviland L. Rapid diagnosis of tuberculosis in aspirate, effusions, and cerebrospinal fluid by immunocytochemical detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex specific antigen MPT64 Diagn Cytopathol., 2012 Sep;40(9):782-91
- Rujumba,Joseph; Tumwine,James K; Tylleskar, Thorkild; Neema, Stella and Heggenhougen, Harald K. Listening to health workers: lessons from Eastern Uganda for strengthening the programme for the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV BMC Health Services Research 2012, 12:3
- Rujumba J, Neema S, Byamugisha R, Tylleskär T, Tumwine JK, Heggenhougen HK. Telling my husband I have HIV is too heavy to come out of my mouth"": pregnant women's disclosure experiences and support needs following antenatal HIV testing in eastern Uganda. J Int AIDS Soc., 2012;15(2):17429.
- Sandoy IF, Zyaambo C, Michelo C, Fylkesnes K. Targeting condom distribution at high risk places increases condom utilization - evidence from an intervention study in Livingstone, Zambia. BMC Public Health. 2012 Jan 5;12(1):10.
- Sinéad M.O’Neill, Anthony Fitzgerald, André Briend and Jan Van den Broeck Child Mortality as Predicted by Nutritional Status and Recent Weight Velocity in Children under Two in Rural Africa, The Journal of Nutrition 2012 Mar;142(3):520-5
- Songstad NG, Lindkvist I, Moland KM, Chimhutu V, Blystad A. Assessing performance enhancing tools: experiences with the open performance review and appraisal system (OPRAS) and expectations towards payment for performance (P4P) in the public health sector in Tanzania. Globalization and Health, 2012 Sep 10;8(1):33. [Epub]
- Songstad NG, Moland KM, Massay DA, Blystad A. Why do health workers in rural Tanzania prefer public sector employment? BMC Health Services Research, 2012 Apr 5;12:92.
- Strand TA, Sharma PR, Gjessing HK, Ulak M, Chandyo RK, Adhikari RK, Sommerfelt H. Risk factors for extended duration of acute diarrhea in young children. PLoS One. 2012;7(5): Epub 2012 May 8.
- Tayler-Smith K, Zachariah R, Hinderaker SG, Manzi M, De Plecker E, Van Wolvelaer P, Gil T, Goetghebuer S, Ritter H, Bawo L, Davis-Worzi C. Sexual violence in post-conflict Liberia: survivors and their care. Tropical medicine & international health, 2012 Aug 12.
- Van de Perre P, Rubbo PA, Viljoen J, Nagot N, Tylleskär T, Lepage P, Vendrell JP, Tuaillon E. HIV-1 Reservoirs in Breast Milk and Challenges to Elimination of Breast-Feeding Transmission of HIV-1 State of the Art Review , Science Translational Medicine, 2012 Jul 18;4(143):143sr3
- Woyessa A, Deressa W, Ali A, Lindtjørn B. Prevalence of malaria infection in Butajira area, south-central Ethiopia Malaria Journal, 2012 Mar 23;11:84
- Yaya Y, Lindtjørn B. High maternal mortality in rural south-west Ethiopia. Estimate by using sisterhood method. BMC 2012
- 1. Assefa D, Melaku Z, Gadissa T, Negash A, Hinderaker SG, Harries AD. Intensified tuberculosis case finding among people living with the human immunodeficiency virus in a hospital clinic in Ethiopia. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2011 Mar;15(3):411-3.PubMed [citation] PMID: 21333113
2. Baltussen R, Norheim OF, Johri M. Fairness in service choice: an important yet underdeveloped path to universal coverage. Trop Med Int Health. 2011 Apr 1. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2011.02780.x.
3. Briend A, Van den Broeck J, Fadnes LT. Target weight gain for moderately wasted children during supplementation interventions - a population-based approach. Public Health Nutr. 2011 Aug 11:1-7.
4. Byamugisha R, Åstrøm AN, Ndeezi G, Karamagi CA, Tylleskär T, Tumwine JK. Male partner antenatal attendance and HIV testing in eastern Uganda: a randomized facility-based intervention trial. J Int AIDS Soc. 2011 Sep 13;14:43.
5. Chipimo PJ, Tuba M, Fylkesnes K. Conceptual models for Mental Distress among HIV-infected and uninfected individuals: A contribution to clinical practice and research in primary-health-care centers in Zambia BMC Health Serv Res. 2011 Jan 10;11:7.
6. Chola L, Nkonki L, Kankasa C, Nankunda J, Tumwine J, Tylleskar T, Robberstad B; Study Group PROMISE-EBF. Cost of individual peer counselling for the promotion of exclusive breastfeeding in Uganda Cost Eff Resour Alloc. 2011 Jun29;9(1):11.
7. David Jamil, Yee R, Lama D. The periodontal health of adult Nepalese. Oral Health Prev Dent. 2011;9(1):67-81.
8. Diallo AH, Meda N, Ouédraogo WT, Cousens S, Tylleskar T; PROMISE-EBF Study Group. A prospective study on neonatal mortality and its predictors in a rural area in Burkina Faso: can MDG-4 be met by 2015? J Perinatol. 2011 Oct;31(10):656-63. doi: 10.1038/jp.2011.6.
9. Fadnes LT, Kvåle G, Gopinathan U, Randem BG, Letting GS. New network on climate and health. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2011 Mar 4;131(5):452. English, Norwegian.
10. Fadnes LT, Nankabirwa V, Sommerfelt H, Tylleskär T, Tumwine JK, Engebretsen IM; PROMISE-EBF Study Group. Is vaccination coverage a good indicator of age-appropriate vaccination? A prospective study from Uganda. Vaccine. 2011 Apr 27;29(19):3564-70.
11. Fadnes LT, Jackson D, Engebretsen IM, Zembe W, Sanders D, Sommerfelt H, Tylleskär T; PROMISE-EBF Study Group. Vaccination coverage and timeliness in three South African areas: a prospective study. BMC Public Health. 2011 May 27;11:404.
12. Falnes EF, Moland KM, Tylleskär T, de Paoli MM, Leshabari SC, Engebretsen IM. The potential role of mother-in-law in prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV: a mixed methods study from the Kilimanjaro region, northern Tanzania. BMC Public Health. 2011 Jul 12;11:551.
13. Falnes EF, Moland KM, Tylleskär T, de Paoli MM, Msuya SE, Engebretsen IM. "It is her responsibility": partner involvement in prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV programmes, northern Tanzania. J Int AIDS Soc. 2011 Apr 26;14(1):21.
14. Fylkesnes K, Jürgensen M, Sandøy IF. The battle against HIV is not over--invest locally. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2011 Oct 4;131(19):1910-2. English, Norwegian.
15. A.D. Harries, I.D. Rusen, T. Ried, A.K. Detjen, S.D. Berger, K. Bissel, S.G. Hinderaker, M. Edginton, M. Fussel, P.I. Fujiwara, R. Zackariah. The Union and Médecins Sans Frontiêres approach to operational research. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 15(2): 144-154.
16. Hellebust H, Johnsen SL, Rasmussen S, Kiserud T. Maternal weight gain: a determinant for fetal abdominal circumference in the second trimester. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2011 Jun;90(6):666-70. doi:10.1111/j.1600-0412.2011.01129.x.
17. Hestvik E, Tumwine JK, Tylleskar T, Grahnquist L, Ndeezi G, Kaddu-Mulindwa DH, Aksnes L, Olafsdottir E. Faecal calprotectin concentrations in apparently healthy children aged 0-12 years in urban Kampala, Uganda: a community-based survey. BMC Pediatr. 2011 Feb 2;11:9.
18. Hestvik E, Tylleskar T, Ndeezi G, Grahnquist L, Olafsdottir E, Tumwine JK, Kaddu-Mulindwa DH. Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori in HIV-infected, HAART-naïve Ugandan children: a hospital-based survey. J Int AIDS Soc. 2011 Jun 30;14:34.
19. Hestvik E, Olafsdottir E, Tylleskar T, Aksnes L, Kaddu-Mulindwa D, Ndeezi G, Tumwine JK, Grahnquist L. Faecal calprotectin in HIV-infected, HAART naïve Ugandan children: a hospital-based survey. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2011 Nov 18.
20. Hinderaker SG, Madland S, Ullenes M, Enarson DA, Rusen I, Kamara D. Treatment delay among tuberculosis patients in Tanzania: data from the FIDELIS initiative. BMC Public Health. 2011 May 12;11:306.
21. Hinderaker SG, Rusen ID, Chiang CY, Yan L, Heldal E, Enarson DA. The FIDELIS initiative: Innovative strategies for increased case finding. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2011 Jan;15(1):71-6.
22. Kvåle G, Sommerfelt H. International efforts for better health--Norway's role. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2011 Sep 20;131(18):1796-9. English, Norwegian.
23. Kvåle G, Fadnes LT, Tryland M, Pihlstrøm L. Climate change--the biggest health threat of our time. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2011 Sep 6;131(17):1670-2. English, Norwegian.
24. Manger MS, Strand TA, Taneja S, Refsum H, Ueland PM, Nygård O, Schneede J, Sommerfelt H, Bhandari N. Cobalamin status modifies the effect of zinc supplementation on the incidence of prolonged diarrhea in 6- to 30-month-old north Indian children. J Nutr. 2011 Jun;141(6):1108-13.
25. Manger MS, Taneja S, Strand TA, Ueland PM, Refsum H, Schneede J, Nygård O, Sommerfelt H, Bhandari N. Poor folate status predicts persistent diarrhea in 6- to 30-month-old north Indian children. J Nutr. 2011 Dec;141(12):2226-32. Epub 2011 Oct 19.
26. Mirkuzie AH, Sisay MM, Moland KM, Astrøm AN. Applying the theory of planned behaviour to explain HIV testing in antenatal settings in Addis Ababa - a cohort study.BMC Health Serv Res. 2011 Aug 18;11:196.
27. Mirkuzie AH, Hinderaker SG, Sisay MM, Moland KM, Mørkve O. Current status of medication adherence and infant follow up in the prevention of mother to child HIV transmission programme in Addis Ababa: a cohort study. J Int AIDS Soc. 2011Oct 21;14:50.
28. Nankabirwa V, Tumwine JK, Tylleskär T, Nankunda J, Sommerfelt H; PROMISE EBF Research Consortium. Perinatal mortality in eastern Uganda: a community based prospective cohort study. PLoS One. 2011 May 9;6(5):e19674.
29. Nankabirwa V, Tylleskar T, Nankunda J, Engebretsen IM, Sommerfelt H, Tumwine JK; PROMISE EBF Research Consortium. Malaria parasitaemia among infants and its association with breastfeeding peer counselling and vitamin A supplementation: a secondary analysis of a cluster randomized trial. PLoS One. 2011;6(7):e21862.
30. Ndeezi G, Tumwine JK, Ndugwa CM, Bolann BJ, Tylleskär T. Multiple micronutrient supplementation improves vitamin B₁₂ and folate concentrations of HIV infected children in Uganda: a randomized controlled trial. Nutr J. 2011 May 21;10:56.
31. Njeru MK, Blystad A, Shayo EH, Nyamongo IK, Fylkesnes K. Practicing provider-initiated HIV testing in high prevalence settings: Consent concerns and missed preventive opportunities. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011 Apr 21;11:87.
32. Nkonki LL, Chopra M, Doherty TM, Jackson D, Robberstad B. Explaining household socio-economic related child health inequalities using multiple methods in three diverse settings in South Africa. Int J Equity Health. 2011 Apr 4;10:13.
33. Onyango AW, Nommsen-Rivers L, Siyam A, Borghi E, de Onis M, Garza C, Lartey A, Baerug A, Bhandari N, Dewey KG, Araújo CL, Mohamed AJ, Van den Broeck J; WHO Multicentre Growth Reference Study Group. Post-partum weight change patterns in the WHO Multicentre Growth Reference Study. Matern Child Nutr. 2011 Jul;7(3):228-40. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-8709.2010.00295.x.
34. Purohit MR, Mustafa T, Wiker HG, Sviland L. Rapid diagnosis of tuberculosis in aspirate, effusions, and cerebrospinal fluid by immunocytochemical detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex specific antigen MPT64. Diagn Cytopathol. 2011 Mar 17. doi: 10.1002/dc.21637.
35. Qi W, Harries AD, Hinderaker SG. Performance of culture and drug susceptibility testing in pulmonary tuberculosis patients in northern China. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2011 Jan;15(1):137-9.
36. Robberstad B, Norheim OF. Incorporating concerns for equal lifetime health in evaluations of public health programs. Soc Sci Med. 2011 May;72(10):1711-6. Epub 2011 Apr 13.
37. Robberstad B, Frostad CR, Akselsen PE, Kværner KJ, Berstad AK. Economic evaluation of second generation pneumococcal conjugate vaccines in Norway. Vaccine. 2011 Nov 3;29(47):8564-74.
38. Rujumba J, Byamugisha R. Publishing operational research from 'real life' programme data: a better form of accountability. Trop Med Int Health. 2011 Sep 22. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2011.02892.x.
39. Songstad NG, Rekdal OB, Massay DA, Blystad A. Perceived unfairness in working conditions: the case of public health services in Tanzania. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011 Feb 12;11:34.
40. Tylleskär T, Jackson D, Meda N, Engebretsen IM, Chopra M, Diallo AH, Doherty T, Ekström EC, Fadnes LT, Goga A, Kankasa C, Klungsøyr JI, Lombard C, Nankabirwa V, Nankunda JK, Van de Perre P, Sanders D, Shanmugam R, Sommerfelt H, Wamani H,Tumwine JK; PROMISE-EBF Study Group. Exclusive breastfeeding promotion by peer counsellors in sub-Saharan Africa (PROMISE-EBF): a cluster-randomised trial. Lancet. 2011 Jul 30;378(9789):420-7.
41. Van den Broeck J, Chhagan M, Kauchali S. Debate about the single etiognostic study. Eur J Epidemiol. 2011 Apr;26(4):339-40; author reply 340-1. Epub 2011 May 6.
42. Aa, Ingvill; Grove, Mari A.; Haugsjå, Anita H.; Hinderaker, Sven Gudmund. High maternal mortality estimated by the sisterhood method in a rural area of Mali. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2011 ; Volum 11. s.
43. Babirye, Juliet N.; Rutebemberwa, Elizeus; Kiguli, Juliet; Wamani, Henry; Nuwaha, Fred; Engebretsen, Ingunn Marie S. More support for mothers: a qualitative study on factors affecting immunisation behaviour in Kampala, Uganda. BMC Public Health 2011 ;Volum 11.
44. Del Canto, Felipe; Valenzuela, Patricio; Cantero, Lidia; Bronstein, Jonathan; Blanco, Jesus E; Blanco, Jorge; Prado, Valeria; Levine, Myron; Nataro, James Paul; Sommerfelt, Halvor; Vidal, Roberto. Distribution of Classical and Nonclassical Virulence Genes in Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Isolates from Chilean Children and tRNA Gene Screening for Putative Insertion Sites for Genomic Islands. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2011 ;Volum 49.(9) s. 3198-3203
45. Eri, Tine Schauer; Blystad, Astrid; Gjengedal, Eva; Blaaka, Gunnhild. ‘Stay home for as long as possible’: Midwives' priorities and strategies in communicating with first-time mothers in early labour. Midwifery 2011 ;Volum 27.(6) s. e286-e292
46. Hadley, Mary B.; Tuba, Mary. Local problems; local solutions: an innovative approach to investigating and addressing causes of maternal deaths in Zambia’s Copperbelt. Reproductive Health 2011 ;Volum 8.
47. Henjum, Sigrun; Barikmo, Ingrid Elisabet; Strand, Tor A; Oshaug, Arne; Torheim, Liv Elin. Iodine-induced goitre and high prevalence of anaemia among Saharawi refugee women. Public Health Nutrition 2011 s.
48. Hernes, Susanne; Quarsten, Hanne; Hagen, Egil; Lyngroth, Anne Liv; Pripp, Are Hugo; Bjorvatn, Bjørn; Bakke, Per S. Swabbing for respiratory viral infections in older patients: a comparison of rayon and nylon flocked swabs. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2011 ;Volum 30.(2) s. 159-165
49. Kahabuka, Catherine; Kvåle, Gunnar; Moland, Karen Marie; Hinderaker, Sven Gudmund. Why caretakers bypass primary health care facilities for child care - a case from rural Tanzania. BMC Health Services Research 2011 ;Volum 11.
50. Kolstad, Erik Wilhelm; Johansson, Kjell Arne. Uncertainties Associated with Quantifying Climate Change Impacts on Human Health: A Case Study for Diarrhea. Environmental Health Perspectives 2011 ;Volum 119.(3) s. 299-305
51. Mancini, Federico; Mughal, Khalid Azim; Gejibo, samson; Klungsøyr, Jørn Ivar. Adding Security to Mobile Data Collection. I: Healthcom 2011 - 13th IEEE International Conference on e-Health Networking Applications and Services.. IEEE Communications Society 2011 ISBN 978-1-61284-695-8. s. 86-89
52. Mbawalla, Hawa Shariff; Mtaya, Mathilda; Masalu, Joyce Rose; Brudvik, Pongsri; Åstrøm, Anne Nordrehaug. Discriminative ability of the generic and condition-specific Child-Oral Impacts on Daily Performances (Child-OIDP) by the Limpopo-Arusha School Health (LASH) Project: A cross-sectional study. BMC Pediatrics 2011 ;Volum 11.
53. Mmbaga, Blandina Theophil; Lie, Rolv T.; Kibiki, G. S.; Olomi, R.; Kvåle, Gunnar; Daltveit, Anne Kjersti. Transfer of newborns to neonatal care unit: a registry based study in Northern Tanzania. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2011 ;Volum 11.
54. Ruhago, George M; Mujinja, Phares GM; Norheim, Ole Frithjof. Equity implications of coverage and use of insecticide treated nets distributed for free or with co-payment in two districts in Tanzania: A cross-sectional comparative household survey. International Journal for Equity in Health 2011 ;Volum 10. s.
55. Safdar, Nauman; Hinderaker, Sven Gudmund; Baloch, Noor A.; Enarson, Donald Arthus; Khan, M. A.; Mørkve, Odd. Translating childhood tuberculosis case management research into operational policies. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2011 ;Volum 15.(8) s. 1127-1130
56. Safdar, Nauman; Hinderaker, Sven Gudmund; Baloch, Noor A.; Enarson, Donald Arthus; Khan, Mohammad Amir; Mørkve, Odd. Childhood tuberculosis deskguide and monitoring: An intervention to improve case management in Pakistan. BMC Health Services Research 2011 ;Volum 11. s.
57. Sahl, Jason W.; Steinsland, Hans; Redman, Julia C.; Angiuoli, Samuel V.; Nataro, James Paul; Sommerfelt, Halvor; Rasko, David A. A Comparative genomic analysis of diverse clonal types of enterotoxigenic escherichia coli reveals pathovar-specific conservation. Infection and Immunity 2011 ;Volum 79.(2) s. 950-960
58. Solbakk, Jan Helge. Bays, Beaches, and Bioethical Barkings. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics 2011 ;Volum 20.(2) s. 185-190
59. Wadhwa, Natya; Natchu, Uma Chandra Mouli; Sommerfelt, Halvor; Strand, Tor A; Kapoor, V ishal; Saini, Savita; Kainth, Udaypal S.; Bhatnagar, Shinjini. ORS containing zinc does not reduce duration or stool volume of acute diarrhea in hospitalized children. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition - JPGN 2011 ;Volum 53.(2) s. 161-167
60. Wakholi, Peter Khisa; Chen, Weiqin; Klungsøyr, Jørn Ivar. Workflow Support for Mobile Data Collection. I: Enterprise, Business-Process and Information Systems Modeling. Springer 2011 ISBN 978-3-642-21758-6. s. 299-313
61. Zeleke, Zeyede Kebede; Moen, Bente Elisabeth; Bråtveit, Magne. Excessive exposure to dust among cleaners in the Ethiopian cement industry. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene 2011 ;Volum 8.(9) s. 544-550
62. Åstrøm, Anne Nordrehaug; Mbawalla, Hawa Shariff. Factor structure of health and oral health related behaviors among adolescents in Arusha, northern Tanzania. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica 2011 ;Volum 69.(5) s. 299-309
63. Mpundu Makasa, Knut Fylkesnes, Charles Michelo, Nkomba Kayeyi, Ben Chirwa, Ingvild Sandøy. Declining syphilis trends in concurrence with HIV declines among pregnant women in Zambia: observations over fourteen years of national surveillance. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2011
- Alemnesh H. Mirkuzie, Sven G. Hinderaker, Odd Mørkve. Promising outcome of a national programme for the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission in Addis Ababa: A retrospective study. BMC Health Services Research 2010 ;Volum 10.
- Byamugisha, Robert; Tumwine, James K.; Semiyaga, Nulu; Tylleskar, Thorkild. Determinants of male involvement in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV programme in Eastern Uganda: a cross-sectional survey. Reproductive Health 2010;7:12.
- Byamugisha, Robert; Tylleskar, Thorkild; Kagawa, Mike N.; Onyango, Saul; Karamagi, Charles Amnon S; Tumwine, James K. Dramatic and sustained increase in HIV-testing rates among antenatal attendees in Eastern Uganda after a policy change from voluntary counselling and testing to routine counselling and testing for HIV: a retrospective analysis of hospital records, 2002-2009. BMC Health Services Research 2010 ;Volum 10.
- Byamugisha, Robert; Tumwine, James K; Ndeezi, Grace; Karamagi, Charles A; Tylleskär, Thorkild. Attitudes to routine HIV counselling and testing, and knowledge about prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV in eastern Uganda: a cross-sectional survey among antenatal attendees. Journal of the International AIDS Society 2010, 13:52
- Chipimo, Peter J., Fylkesnes, Knut. Comparative Validity of Screening Instruments for Mental Distress in Zambia, Clinical Practice & Epidemiology in Mental Health, 2010, 6
- Chandyo RK, Shrestha PS, Valentiner-Branth P, Mathisen M, Basnet S, Ulak M, Adhikari RK, Sommerfelt H, Strand TA. Two weeks of zinc administration to Nepalese children with pneumonia does not reduce the incidence of pneumonia or diarrhea during the next six months. J Nutr. 2010 Jul 14
- Datiko, Daniel Gemechu; Lindtjorn, Bernt. Cost and cost-effectiveness of smear-positive tuberculosis treatment by health extension workers in Southern Ethiopia: A community randomized trial. PLoS ONE 2010 ;Volum 5.(2)
- Datiko, Daniel Gemechu; Lindtjorn, Bernt. Mortality in successfully treated tuberculosis patients in southern Ethiopia: retrospective follow-up study. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2010 ;Volum 14.
- Dhanasekaran, S; Doherty, TM; Kenneth, John; Vaz, Mario; kurpad, Anura V; Macaden, Rajini; Jacob, A.; Grewal, Harleen; Lindtjorn, Bernt; Jahnsen, Frode Lars; Bennett, S; Geiter, Lawrence; Doherty, M; Hesseling, Anneke C..
TB Trials Study Group. Comparison of different standards for real-time PCR-based absolute quantification. JIM - Journal of Immunological Methods 2010 ;Volum 354. s. 34-39
- Diallo, Abdoulaye Hama; Meda, Nicolas; Zabsonre, E; Sommerfelt, Halvor; Cousens, Simon; Tylleskar, Thorkild. Perinatal mortality in rural Burkina Faso: a prospective community-based cohort study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2010;10:45.
- Engebretsen, I M S, Tylleskär, T. Hiv, amming og antiretrovirale medisiner Tidsskr Nor Legeforen 2010; 130:520-2 Nr. 5 – 11. mars 2010
- Engebretsen IM, Shanmugam R, Sommerfelt AE, Tumwine JK, Tylleskär T. Infant feeding modalities addressed in two different ways in Eastern Uganda. Int Breastfeed J. 2010 Feb 4;5(1):2 Full PDF version
- Engebretsen, Ingunn Marie S.; Moland, Karen Marie; Nankunda, Jolly Kaharuza; Karamagi, Charles A.S.; Tylleskar, Thorkild; Tumwine, James K. Gendered perceptions on infant feeding in Eastern Uganda: continued need for exclusive breastfeeding support. International Breastfeeding Journal 2010 ;Volum 5. s. 13- UiB
- Fadnes LT, Engebretsen IM, Moland KM, Nankunda J, Tumwine JK, Tylleskar T: Infant feeding counselling in Uganda in a changing environment with focus on the general population and HIV-positive mothers - a mixed method approach. BMC Health Serv Res 2010, 10(1):260.
- Falnes, Eli Fjeld; Tylleskar, Thorkild; de Paoli, Marina Manuela; Manongi, Rachel Nathaniel; Engebretsen, Ingunn Marie S. Mothers’ knowledge and utilization of prevention of mother to child transmission services in northern Tanzania. Journal of the International AIDS Society 2010;13:36.
- Henjum S, Barikmo I, Gjerlaug AK, Merras LA, Oshaug A, Strand TA, Torheim LE. Endemic goitre and excessive iodine in urine and drinking water among Saharawi refugee children. In press: Public Health Nutrition
- Henjum, Sigrun; Strand, Tor A; Torheim, Liv Elin; Oshaug, Arne; Parr, Christine Louise. Data quality and practical challenges of thyroid volume assessment by ultrasound under field conditions - observer errors may affect prevalence estimates of goitre. Nutrition Journal 2010 ;Volume 9.(66)
- Hestvik, Elin; Tylleskar, Thorkild; Kaddu-Mulindwa, Deogratias H; Ndeezi, Grace; Grahnquist, Lena; Olafsdottir, Edda Jonina; Tumwine, James K. Helicobacter pylori in apparently healthy children aged 0-12 years in urban Kampala, Uganda: a community-based cross sectional survey. BMC Gastroenterology 2010;10:62.
- Loha, Eskindir; Lindtjorn, Bernt. Model variations in predicting incidence of Plasmodium falciparum malaria using 1998-2007 morbidity and meteorological data from south Ethiopia. Malaria Journal 2010 ;Volum 9.
- Mathisen M, Strand TA, Sharma BN, Chandyo RK, Valentiner-Branth P, Basnet S, Adhikari RK, Hvidsten D, Shrestha PS, Sommerfelt H. Clinical Presentation and Severity of Viral Community-Acquired Pneumonia in Young Nepalese Children. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010 Jan;29(1):e1-6
- Mathisen M, Strand TA, Valentiner-Branth P, Sharma BN, Chandyo RK, Basnet S, Adhikari RK, Hvidsten D, Shrestha PS, Sommerfelt H. Respiratory viruses in Nepalese children with and without Pneumonia a Case-Control study.: The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 2010 Aug;29(8):731-5
- Mulissa, Zewdie; Jerene, Degu; Lindtjorn, Bernt. Patients Present Earlier and Survival Has Improved, but Pre-ART Attrition Is High in a Six-Year HIV Cohort Data from Ethiopia. PLoS ONE 2010 ;Volum 5.(10)
- Musoke, Philippa; Mudiope, P; Barlow-Mosha, Linda N; Ajuna, Patrick; Bagenda, Danstan; Mubiru, Michael M; Tylleskar, Thorkild; Fowler, Mary G. Growth, immune and viral responses in HIV infected African children receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy: a prospective cohort study. BMC Pediatrics 2010;10:56.
- Mutale W, Michelo C, Jürgensen M, Fylkesnes K. Home-based voluntary HIV counselling and testing found highly acceptable and to reduce inequalities. BMC Public Health. 2010 Jun 17;10:347.
- Nankunda, Jolly Kaharuza; Tylleskar, Thorkild; Ndeezi, Grace; Semiyaga, Nulu; Tumwine, James K. Establishing individual peer counselling for exclusive breastfeeding in Uganda: implications for scaling-up. Maternal and Child Nutrition 2010;6(1):53-66.
- Nankunda, Jolly Kaharuza; Tumwine, James K.; Nankabirwa, Victoria; Tylleskar, Thorkild. "She would sit with me": mothers' experiences of individual peer support for exclusive breastfeeding in Uganda. International Breastfeeding Journal 2010 ;Volum 5.(16)UiB
- Nankabirwa, Victoria; Tylleskar, Thorkild; Tumwine, James K.; Sommerfelt, Halvor. Maternal education is associated with vaccination status of infants less than 6 months in Eastern Uganda: a cohort study. BMC Pediatrics 2010 ;Volum 10.(92)UiB
- Ndeezi, Grace; Tumwine, James K.; Bolann, Bjørn Johan; Ndugwa, Christopher; Tylleskar, Thorkild. Zinc status in HIV infected Ugandan children aged 1-5 years: a cross sectional baseline survey. BMC Pediatrics 2010;10(1):68.
- Ndeezi, Grace; Tylleskar, Thorkild; Ndugwa, Christopher; Tumwine, James K. Effect of multiple micronutrient supplementation on survival of HIV-infected children in Uganda: a randomized, controlled trial. Journal of the International AIDS Society 2010;13:18.
- Osman, Tarig A; Satti, Asim A; Bøe, Olav E; Yang, Yi-Hsin; Ibrahim, Salah O; Suleiman, Ahmed M; Pattern of malignant tumors registered at a referral oral and maxillofacial hospital in Sudan during 2006 and 2007; J Cancer Res Ther. 2010 Oct-Dec ;6(4):473-7.
- Robberstad, Bjarne; Evjen-Olsen, Bjørg. Preventing Mother to Child Transmission of HIV With Highly Active Antiretroviral Treatment in Tanzania-a Prospective Cost-Effectiveness Study. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 2010 ;Volum 55.(3) s. 397-403
- Safdar N, Hinderaker SG, Baloch NA, Enarson DA, Khan MA, Morkve O: Are children with tuberculosis in Pakistan managed according to National programme policy guidelines? A cohort study. BMC Research Notes 2010,3:324
- Safdar, Nauman; Hinderaker, Sven Gudmund; Baloch, Noor A.; Enarson, Donald A; Khan, M. Amir; Mørkve, Odd. Diagnosis and outcome of childhood tuberculosis: implementing public health policy in three districts of Pakistan. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2010 ;Volum 14.(7) s. 872-877 UiB
- K. Slama, C-Y. Chiang, S. G. Hinderaker, N. Bruce, S. Vedal, D. A. Enarson. Indoor solid fuel combustion an tuberculosis: is there a association? The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2010;Volum 14.(1)
- Taneja S, Strand TA, Bhandari N, Sommerfelt H, Bahl R. Zinc supplementation for four months does not affect growth in young north Indian children. J Nutr (2010)
- Trevor S Ferguson, Marshall K Tulloch-Reid, Novie OM Younger, Jennifer M Knight-Madden, Maureen Samms-Vaughan, Deanna Ashley, Jan Van den Broeck, Rainford J Wilks; Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome and its components in relation to socioeconomic status among Jamaican young adults: a cross-sectional study, BMC Public Health 2010, 10:307
- Taxt A, Aasland R, Sommerfelt H, Nataro J, and Puntervoll P; Heat-Stable Enterotoxin of Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli
as a Vaccine Target - Infection and Immunity, May 2010, p. 1824–1831
- Tuba, Mary; Sandøy, Ingvild Fossgard; Bloch, Paul; Byskov, Jens. Fairness and legitimacy of decisions during delivery of malaria services and ITN interventions in Zambia. Malaria Journal 2010;Volum 9. s. 309
- Tylleskar, Thorkild. Making it happen, level 2. Global health action 2010;3.
- Valentiner-Branth P, Shrestha PS, Chandyo RK, Mathisen M, Basnet S, Bhandari S, Adhikari RK, Sommerfelt H, Strand TA.: A randomized controlled trial of the effect of zinc as adjuvant therapy in children 2–35 mo of age with severe or nonsevere pneumonia in Bhaktapur, Nepal
- Valentiner-Branth P, Shrestha PS, Strand TA. Reply to Zen et al. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 92 (4): 998-999 (2010)
- Assey VD, Tylleskar T, Momburi PB, Maganga M, Mlingi NV, Reilly M, Greiner T, Peterson S. Improved salt iodation methods for small-scale salt producers in low-resource settings in Tanzania. BMC Public Health 2009. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/9/187
- Basnet R, Hinderaker SG, Enarson D, Malla P, Mørkve O. Delay in the diagnosis of tuberculosis in Nepal. BMC Public Health 2009, 9:236.
- Bikilla AD , Jerene D, Robberstad B and Lindtjorn B: Cost estimates of HIV care and treatment with and without anti-retroviral therapy at Arba Minch Hospital in southern Ethiopia. Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation 2009, 7:6doi:10.1186/1478-7547-7-6. http://www.resource-allocation.com/content/7/1/6
- Bourgois P , Farmer P, Fassin D, Heggenhougen HK, Nordstrom C, Quesada J, Rylko-Bauer B, Singer M, Whiteford L. Global Health in Times of Violence, Sar Press.
- Byskov J, Bloch P, Blystad A, Hurtig AK, Fylkesnes K, Kamuzora P, Kombe Y, Kvåle G, Marchal B, Martin DK, Michelo C, Ndawi B, Ngulube TJ, Nyamongo I, Olsen OE, Onyango-Ouma W, Sandøy IF, Shayo EH, Silwamba G, Songstad NG, Tuba M. Accountable priority setting for trust in health systems--the need for research into a new approach for strengthening sustainable health action in developing countries. Health Res Policy Syst. 2009 Oct 24;7:23.
- Carrin, G. (Editor in Chief), K. Buse, H.K. Heggenhougen, S.R. Quah (Co-Editors) 2009, Health Systems--Policy, Finance and Organization, Academic Press/Elsevier, Oxford, UK. ISBN: 978-0-12-375087-7
- Chandyo RK, Strand TA, Mathisen M, Ulak M, Adhikari RK, Bolann BJ, Sommerfelt H: Zinc Deficiency Is Common among Healthy Women of Reproductive Age in Bhaktapur, Nepal. J. Nutr. 139: 594–597, 2009. Full PDF version.
- Chipimo PJ, Fylkesnes K. Mental distress in populations with high HIV prevalence: impact of HIV and social factors. BMC Public Health. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/9/298
- Dalen N, Nakitende AJ, Musisi S "They don't care what happens to us." The situation of double orphans heading households in Rakai District, Uganda http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/9/321
- Datiko DG, Lindtjørn B (2009) Health Extension Workers Improve Tuberculosis Case Detection and Treatment Success in Southern Ethiopia: A Community Randomized Trial.http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0005443
- David J, Astrøm AN, Wang NJ: Factors associated with traumatic dental injuries among 12-year-old schoolchildren in South India. Dent Traumatol. 2009 Jul 9.
- Fadnes LT, Engebretsen IM, Wamani H, Wangisi J, Tumwine JK, Tylleskar T: Need to optimise infant feeding counselling: A cross-sectional survey among HIV-positive mothers in Eastern Uganda. BMC Pediatr 2009, 9(1):2.
- Fadnes LT, Engebretsen IM, Wamani H, Semiyaga NB, Tylleskar T, Tumwine JK: Infant feeding among HIV-positive mothers and the general population mothers: comparison of two cross-sectional surveys in Eastern Uganda. BMC Public Health 2009, 9:124.
- Kayeyi N, Sandøy IF, Fylkesnes K.Effects of community-level educational attainment on HIV prevalence among young women in Zambia. BMC Public Health. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/9/310
- Mathisen M, Strand TA, Sharma BN, Chandyo RK, Valentiner-Branth P, Basnet S, Adhikari RK, Hvidsten D, Shrestha PS, Sommerfelt H: RNA viruses in community-acquired childhood pneumonia in semi-urban, Nepal; a cross-sectional study.In: BMC Medicine. vol. 7; 2009. http://www.biomedcentral.com/qc/1741-7015/7/35
- Molla, M, Berhane Y and Lindtjørn B. Perception of Ethiopian youth regarding their risk of HIV: A community-based study among youth in predominately rural Butajira. Ethiopian Journal of Reproductive Health , 2009,3(3): 44:51
- Munga MA, Mæstad O: Measuring inequalities in the distribution of health workers: the case of Tanzania. http://www.human-resources-health.com/content/7/1/4
- MungaMA, Songstad NG, BlystadA, Mæstad O: The decentralisation-centralisation dilemma: recruitment and distribution of health workers in remote districts of Tanzania.http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-698X/9/9
- Ngadaya ES, Mfinanga GS, Wandwalo ER, Morkve O. Pulmonary tuberculosis among women with cough attending clinics for family planning and maternal and child health in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. BMC Public Health. 2009. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/9/278
- Ngadaya ES, Mfinanga GS, Wandwalo ER, Morkve O. Detection of pulmonary tuberculosis among patients with cough attending outpatient departments in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania: does duration of cough matter? BMC Health Serv Res. 2009. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6963/9/112
- Ngowi BJ , Mfinanga SG, Bruun JN, Mørkve O. Immunohaematological reference values in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-negative adolescent and adults in rural northern Tanzania. BMC Infectious Diseases 2009, 9:1 (13 Jan 2009)
- Njeru MK, Blystad A, Nyamongo IK, Fylkesnes K. A critical assessment of the WHO responsiveness tool: lessons from voluntary HIV testing and counselling services in Kenya. BMC Health Serv Res. 2009 Dec 22;9(1):2 [Epub ahead of print]. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6963/9/243
- Onarheim KH, Hemsing AL: Global helse i medisinstudiet er viktig! Tidsskr Nor Legeforen nr. 16, 2009; 129
- Sopheab H, Saphonn V, Chhea C, Fylkesnes KM. Distribution of HIV in Cambodia: findings from the first national population survey. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19487909?dopt=Abstract
- Thanh DC, Moland KM, Fylkesnes K: The context of HIV risk behaviours among HIV-positive injection drug users in Viet Nam: Moving toward effective harm reduction. BMC Public Health 2009, 9:98 doi:10.1186/1471-2458-9-98
- Buregyeya E, Bazeyo W, Moen BE, Michelo C, Fylkesnes K: HIV risk behavior and work in Uganda: A cross-sectional study. East African Journal of Public Health.
- Datiko DG, Yassin MA, Chekol LT, Kabeto LE, Lindtjørn B: The rate of TB-HIV co-infection depends on the prevalence of HIV infection in a community. BMC Public Health.
- Dzekedzeke K, Siziya S & Fylkesnes K (2008): The impact of HIV infection on adult mortality in some communities in Zambia: a cohort study. Tropical Medicine & International Health.
- Engebretsen IM, Tylleskär T, Warmani H, Karamagi C, Tumwine JK: Determinants of infant growth in Eastern Uganda: a community-based cross-sectional study. Int Breastfeed J. 2008; 3: 26.
- Fjeld E, Siziya S, Katepa-Bwalya M, Kankasa C, Moland KM, Tylleskär T and the PROMISE-EBF Study Group: No sister, the breast alone is not enough for my baby' a qualitative assessment of potentials and barriers in the promotion of exclusive breastfeeding in southern Zambia. Int Breastfeed J. 2008; 3: 26.
- Heggenhougen, H. K. (Editor in Chief), 2008, International Encyclopedia of Public Health, Oxford: Elsevier Press, 6 volumes, pp 4483, ISBN: 978-0-12-227225-7
- Heuch I , Jacobsen BK, Albrektsen G and Kvåle G: Reproductive factors and pancreatic cancer risk: a Norwegian cohort study. British Journal of Cancer.
- Michelo C, Sandøy I, Fylkesnes K: Antenatal clinic HIV data found to underestimate actual prevalence declines: evidence from Zambia. Tropical Medicine and International Health.
- Molla M, Berhane Y, Lindtjørn B: Traditional values of virginity and sexual behaviour in rural Ethiopian youth: results from a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health.
- Molla M, Byass, P: Berhane Y, Lindtjørn B (2008). Mortality decreases among young adults in south-central Ethiopia. Ethiop J Hlth Dev 2008; 22: 218-225.
- Mtaya M, Astrom AN, Brudvik P (2008): Malocclusion, psycho-social impacts and treatment need: A cross-sectional study of Tanzanian primary school-children. BMC Oral Health.
- Nasir EF, Åstrom AN, David J, Ali RW: HIV AND AIDS related knowledge,source of information, and reported need for further education among dental students in Sudan. BMC Public Health.
- Ngowi BJ, Mfinanga SG, Bruun JN, Morkve O: Pulmonary tuberculosis among people living with HIV/AIDS attending care and treatment in rural northern Tanzania. BMC Public Health 2008, 8: 341.
- O’Farrell N, Sano F, Sopheab S, Henh LS, Sun LP, Vun MC, Fylkesnes K, Godwin P: Changes in STI services following a community based STI-intervention project in Cambodia. SouthEast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 2008, 39:867-875.
- Salpou D, Kiserud T, Rasmussen S, Johnsen SL: Fetal age assessment based on 2nd trimester ultrasound in Africa and the effect of ethnicity. BMC
Pregnancy Childbirth 2008; 8: 48.
- Sandøy IF, Siziya S, Fylkesnes K: Lost opportunities in HIV prevention: programmes miss places where exposures are highest. BMC Public Health.
- Sandøy IF, Dzekedzeke K, Fylkesnes K: Prevalence and Correlates of Concurrent Sexual Partnerships in Zambia. AIDS Behav.
- Sopheab H, Fylkesnes K, Lim Y, Godwin P: Community action for preventing HIV in Cambodia: evaluation of a 3-year project. Health Policy Plan.
- Sopheab H, Morineau G, Neal JJ, Saphonn V, Fylkesnes K: Sustained high prevalence of sexually transmitted infections among female sex workers in Cambodia: high turnover seriously challenges the 100% condom use programme. BMC Infectiopus Diseases 2008, 8:167 doi:10.1186/1471-2334-8-167
- Thanh DC, Hien NT, Tuan NA , Thang BD, Long NT, Fylkesnes KM: HIV Risk Behaviours and Determinants Among People Living with HIV/AIDS in Vietnam. AIDS Behav.
- Yahya-Malima KI, Evjen-Olsen B, Matee MI, Fylkesnes K, Haarr L: HIV-1, HSV-2 and syphilis among pregnant women in a rural area of Tanzania: Prevalence and risk factors. BMC Infect Dis.
- Blystad, A., Rekdal, O.B., & Malleyeck, H: Seclusion, protection and avoidance: Exploring the metida complex among Datoga of northern Tanzania. Africa 77 (3), 2007
- Hembre BSH, Briles DE, Grewal H and Strand TA: Effect of high dose oral zinc in mice with severe infection with Streptococcus pneumoniae. Scand J Infect Dis.
- Jacobsen BK, Heuch I and Kvåle G: Association of Low Age at Menarche with Increased All-Cause Mortality: A 37-Year Follow-up of 61,319 Norwegian Women. American Journal of Epidemiology.
- Kida IA. , Astrom AN, Strand GV, Masalu JR: Chewing problems and dissatisfaction with chewing ability: a survey of older Tanzanians. European Journal of Oral Sciences.
- Leshabari SC, Blystad A , Moland KM: Difficult choices: Infant feeding experiences of HIV-positive mothers in northern Tanzania. Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS.
- Leshabari SC, Blystad A, de Paoli M, Moland KM: HIV and infant feeding counselling: challenges faced by nurse-counsellors in northern Tanzania. Human Resources for Health.
- Makundi E , Kapiriri L and Norheim OF: Combining evidence and values in priority setting: testing the balance sheet method in a low-income country. BMC Health Services Research.
- Mtaya M, Astrøm AN, Tsakos G: Applicability of an abbreviated version of the Child-OIDP inventory among primary schoolchildren in Tanzania. Health Qual Life Outcomes.
- Oleke C, Blystad A, Rekdal OB, Moland KM: Experiences of orphan care in Amach, Uganda: assessing policy implications. Sahara J: Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS.
- Shargie EB, Lindtjørn B: Determinants of Treatment Adherence Among Smear-Positive Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients in Southern Ethiopia. PLoS Medicine.
- Strand, TA, Taneja S, Bhandari N, Refsum H, Ueland PM, Gjessing HK, Bahl R, Schneede J, Bhan MK, Sommerfelt H: Folate, but not vitamin B-12 status, predicts respiratory morbidity in north Indian children. Am J Clin Nutr 2007.
- Taneja S, Bhandari N, Strand TA, Sommerfelt H, Refsum H, Ueland PM, Schneede J, Bahl R, and Bhan MK: Cobalamin and folate status in infants and young children in a low-to-middle income community in India. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- Yahya-Malima KI, Matee MI, Evjen-Olsen B, Fylkesnes K: "High potential of escalating HIV transmission in a low prevalence setting in rural Tanzania". BMC Public Health.