Food Chemistry and Analysis
After completion of this course, the student shall have accomplished the following knowledge, skills and competence:
- Define chemical structure and expected content of nutrients and contaminants in different foods and foodstuffs
- Give an overview on how chemical structure affects properties, quality and safety of food items.
- Elaborate on how chemical changes can be used in production and improvement of food.
- Elaborate on actual laws and rules that applies for the food sector..
- Describe food analyses central for the knowledge on food contents.
- Demonstrate good routines in the laboratory in an accredited food laboratory, with focus on safety and assurance of good analytical quality
- Explain central analytical procedures for nutrients such as protein, lipids, vitamins and minerals and show practical competence in a selection of these.
- Draw conclusions on self produced analytical data based on knowledge on analyses and quality assurance of the analyses.
- Present analytical data through lab. reports, collecting analytical data, process data and present reports on the work.
- Cooperate in the laboratory to obtain common goals
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
Forms of Assessment
Oral exam and evaluation of laboratory report.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.