Level of Study
Spring. The course runs only if enough students enrol. Limited capacity. More info: http://www.uib.no/en/matnat/53431/admission-courses-limited-capacity
Objectives and Content
The course goes through possible toxicity of food additives, extraneous food components and natural food toxins.
After the course is completed it is expected that the student knows the following:
- Definitions related to toxicology
- Regarding the most important contaminants in food, toxicology of various food additives and contaminants and their sources.
- Explain what food safety involves and which contaminants are of relevance.
- Explain risk analysis, assessment and management related to food safety and which organisations are involved in these processes nationally and internationally.
- Master the terminology regarding food safety: concepts of toxicology, toxicokinetics of contaminants (adsorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion) and toxicodynamics (effects of contaminants at different levels of biological organisation).
- intepret scientific documents such as papers on toxicology
- utilise knowledge regarding food additives and contaminants in other areas of nutritional studies
Teaching Methods and Extent of Organized Teaching
Ca 15 doble førelesingar.
Forms of Assessment
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
email@example.com / +47 55 97 30 50
Type of assessment: Oral examination
- Withdrawal deadline