Objectives and Content
The course explores the chemical principles used to explain the mechanisms that control the major geological systems such as the Earth's mantle, crust, oceans and atmosphere, and solar system formation. This course provides an introduction to the topic of geochemistry, isotope geochemistry, geochronology, element transport, water-rock reactions, magmatic and metamorphic processes and global geochemical cycles
After completing the course GEOV109 the student should be able to:
- Explain differentiation of the Earth.
- Describe composition of the Earth¿s reservoirs.
- Understand elemental and isotopic fractionation in nature.
- Understand element behavior during the alteration of rocks.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- 27.09.2017, 09:00
- 4 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), Eksamenslokale 2. etg.