Semester of Instruction
Spring. Intensive course. This is a course with limited capacity.
Objectives and Content
The course gives a basic introduction to the principles of building reservoir models as well as practical experience in the use of such models. The course consists of two parts. The first describes the concepts and theory behind reservoir modeling whereas the other gives practical training and experience in the use of software for reservoir modeling.
Having completed GEOV366 the student should have basic skills about
- the theory that is the foundation for practical reservoir modeling in general and for the application within reservoir volume calculations and reservoir exploitation in particular
- principles for building a structural model, including mapping methods, isochoring and handling faults
- 3-D grid construction, both for geological (static) and reservoir technical (dynamic) application
- facies and property modeling for mapping of porosity, permeability, water saturation and barriers
- important elements in geostatistics, uncertainty management, volumetrics, scale problems and flow modeling
- application of software for building reservoir models
Required Previous Knowledge
Bachelor¿s degree in geology/geophysics or equivalent.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- 26.09.2017, 09:00
- 3 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), Eksamenslokale 3. etg.