Level of Study
Semester of Instruction
Objectives and Content
The subject covers a general overview of the most important classes of compound, their constitution, properties, most important methods of preparation and reactions. In addition to the basic concepts of organic chemistry, important applications of organic chemistry will be discussed.
After completing the course KJEM130 the student will be able to:
- describe and interpret fundamental organic nomenclature,
- describe properties, main processes of production, and reactions of functional groups,
- sketch and understand central reaction-mechanisms within organic chemistry,
- describe and understand central concepts within isomerism,
- give examples of organic chemistry within other topics.
Access to the Course
Access to the course requires admission to a progrramme of study at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
Forms of Assessment
Written exam (4h), counts for 100% of the final grade.
Examination supporting materials during the written exam: None
The grading scale used is A to F.
Grade A is the highest passing grade on the scale, grade F is a fail.
Examination both spring semester and autumn semester. In semesters without teaching the examination will be arranged at the beginning of the semester.
The reading list will be available within June 1st for the autumn semester and January 1st for the spring semester
The course will be evaluated by the students in accordance with the quality assurance system at UiB and the department
The Programme Committee is responsible for the content, structure and quality of the study programme and courses.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- 27.09.2017, 09:00
- 4 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), Eksamenslokale 3. etg.