Aim and Content
The subject covers a general overview of the most important classes of compound, their constitution, properties, most important methods of preparation and reactions. In addition to the basic concepts of organic chemistry, important applications of organic chemistry will be discussed.
After completing the course KJEM130 the student will be able to:
- describe and interpret fundamental organic nomenclature,
- describe properties, main processes of production, and reactions of functional groups,
- sketch and understand central reaction-mechanisms within organic chemistry,
- describe and understand central concepts within isomerism,
- give examples of organic chemistry within other topics.
Course offered (semester)
Written exam (4h).
Examination supporting materials during the written exam: model set
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.