Objectives and Content
This course offers the student formal training in experimental work within a specialized research area. The student can also select a research topic where bioinformatic methods are important. Through this study, the student's critical skills and scientific thinking abilities will be developed.
The Program Board and supervisors will ensure that there are always a number of defined and approved master projects available
- demonstrates a solid understanding of molecular biology and specialized knowledge with respect to his/her master project
- is able to plan and conduct experimental work under supervision and in accordance with general safety routines for laboratory work and ethical guidelines for research
- is able to communicate both orally and in writing results obtained from both own research and other research groups
- is able to critically evaluate experimental results (from own research and from other research groups)
- demonstrates critcal assessment of scientific literature and scientific thinking
- can reflect on ethical issues raised by molecular research
Required Previous KnowledgeStudent at the Master's Programme in Molecular Biology.
Access to the Course
Access to the course requires admission to the master¿s programme department of Molecular Biology at The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
Type of assessment: Approved assignment and oral exam
- Withdrawal deadline