Project Work I
- ECTS credits15
- Teaching semesterAutumn
- Course codeMUV301
- Number of semesters1
- LanguageBoth English and Norwegian are used as language of instruction. Individual tuition will be given in either language depending on the student. The language of instruction during seminars/group tuition might vary depending on the combination of languages in the student group.
Level of StudyMaster
Semester of Instruction
Place of Instruction
The student should be able to
- express and communicate relevant musical issues related to performance or composition
- discuss different artistic discourses within performance or composition
- find and critically assess relevant source material (literature, scores, recordings etc.) in the performing or creative work.
- be aware of and justify his/her own artistic choices
Required Previous Knowledge
Teaching Methods and Extent of Organized Teaching
Tuition is given in the form of group sessions and individual tutorials throughout the semester. Performers and composers will be given separate tuition. The group sessions will include taught lectures, group discussion, student presentations, master classes, seminars or performance/composition related group projects.
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
- All tuition is compulsory. The student will normally loose the right to take the final course unit exam if he/she has an absence exceeding 20%.
- Approval of essay/presentation subjects
- Tutorials regarding essay/ presentation
Approved compulsory requirements are valid for two semesters after the ordinarily scheduled exam semester.
Forms of Assessment
Lecture or digitally presented essay, where it is possible to use sound recording, video or own performance as demonstration or documentation, together with verbal (written or oral) presentation. Presentation of approx. 30 min.
The topic for the essay or presentation must be related to key issues within the performing or creative work, and may also be an initiating project for the MUV351 course unit project. The topic must be approved by the course unit supervisor.
Internal assessment by at least two internal lecturers, of whom one normally is course unit supervisor or supervisor for MUV351.
Pass or fail
A selection of texts (chapter from book, articles etc.) each semester.
Course unit evaluation takes place in the form of a questionnaire. Subsequently, a written report is produced.
Contact InformationGrieg Academy. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of assessment: Lecture
- 08.12.2017, 09:00
- Withdrawal deadline
Type of assessment: Semester paper
- Submission deadline
- 08.12.2017, 13:00
- Withdrawal deadline
- Examination system
- Digital exam