Semester of Instruction
Objectives and Content
Description of differect types of flow. Navier-Stokes equation. Numerical techniques used for quantitative treatment of fluid flow, mass and heat transport (Computational fluid dynamics). Fundamentals of statistical physics and statistical ensembles. Molecular simulations. Introduction to molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo simulations. Fortran programming.
After the course PTEK205 the student will be able to:
- have a deeper understanding of the basic transport equations in process technology
- know molecular simulation
- perform numerical simulations (CFD)
- do basic programming in Fortran
- know how the different techniques are used for the quantitative treatment of fluid flow and interface system by engineering / design of process equipment
Required Previous Knowledge
Recommended Previous Knowledge
Knowlegde of scientific computing or basic informatics
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
2 computer exercises. The mandatory exercises are valid for 3 semesters (teaching semester + 2 succeeding semester).
Forms of Assessment
4 hours written exam. The exam can be oral, depending on the number of students.
Examination support materials: None.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- 29.09.2017, 09:00
- 4 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), Eksamenslokale 3. etg.