Master's degree application procedures for European Union citizens
- The application portal "Søknadsweb" opens 1 February
- The application deadline is 1 March
- There are separate application deadlines and procedures for Master's studies in Fine Art, Music and Design.
- Studies start in August
Applicants who are citizens of a country within the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland must follow these guidelines on how to apply for admission.
Step 1. Check the admission requirements
Check that you have the required academic background before you register your application. Only applicants who meet the admission requirements are qualified and will compete for admission. If you are not qualified your application will be rejected.
Admission to UiB is highly competitive. Approximately 8 % of international applicants are granted admission to our Master's degree programmes.
|CHECKLIST - ACADEMIC BACKGROUND|
|1. You must have obtained a bachelor's degree. If you complete your bachelor's degree in the spring semester 2018, you are still qualified to apply for admission. Find specific requirements for your home country in our country list.|
|2. Your degree must include courses equalling at least 1.5 years of full-time studies in a subject relevant to the programme you apply for.|
|3. You must have obtained a minimum grade of 2nd Class Upper Division, grade B or the equivalent.|
|4. You must check if the programme you wish to apply for have additional admission requirements. See our list of Master's programmes in English|
|5. You must document your English language proficiency. See our English requirements for approved tests and excemptions.|
Step 2. Register your application
- Choose English language in the upper right corner.
- Choose International Applicant.
- Click "Register new international applicant" and follow the instructions given.
- Make sure your personal information is correct: contact address, e-mail, mobile phone number, preferred language, etc.
- Use your private address, not your university address. It is important that you enter the city code/post code and city.
- Click on "Save" to finish the registration. You will be redirected to the login page.
- An email confirming your registration has been sent to your registered e-mail address
- This email also contains your password for logging in.
- Log on to Søknadsweb and start the application process.
Step 3. Choose study programmes
Register a new application
1. Complete "My Profile" - click "Next".
2. Choose New application: "International Applicants Residing Abroad - Master's Programmes - Self-financing".
3. Select the programme (s) you wish to apply for. You may choose to apply for two programmes in a prioritized order.
4. Click "Save".
5. Check the Receipt - you will also receive an e-mail receipt to the registered e-mail address.
6. Choose "My Documents" in the top menu and upload your documents.
7. Your application is officially complete when:
- You have filled in your complete home address.
- You have selected the study programmes you wish to apply for.
- You have uploaded all the required documentation.
8. You can change your application until 1 December 2018.
Step 4. Upload documents
Complete your application - EU/EEA/EFTA nationals
Complete your application by uploading all the required documents:
- Click "My Documents" on the top menu.
- Choose new documents to upload.
- When you have completed the uploading, your application is ready to be processed.
Find specific requirements for your home country in our country list.
All EU/EEA/EFTA applicants must upload in the following order:
1. CV showing your educational background.
2. Secondary School certificate.
3. University degree certificate(s)/diploma(s) with a grading scale.
4. Transcript of records (an official statement listing courses/subjects you have completed at your university).
5. Documentation of English language proficiency.
6. Copy of your passport or picture ID showing full name, date of birth and gender.
7. Motivation letter, maximum 450 words.
8. Check if the master's programme you wish to apply for has any additional requirements.
If you complete your bachelor's degree in the spring 2018 you must also upload
- Your higher education completed to date.
- A list of courses you are registered for and the expected date for completion.
- We require all documents to be scanned from original documentation.
- If the original language of your documents is not English or a Scandinavian language, officially certified copies of a translation to one of these languages must accompany certified copies of your documents in the original language.
- The documents must be uploaded as PDF-files of good quality.
Step 5. Application status
This information is beeing updated.
Step 6. Frequently Asked Questions
This information is beeing updated.