Courses for Exchange Students
The University of Bergen offers a large number of courses taught in English at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
In the course descriptions you will find information about
- 100-level: bachelor's level courses.
- 200-level: may be included at both bachelor's and master's level.
- 300-level: master's level courses.
- Pre-requirements: Check if the courses have any pre-requirements.
- ECTS credits: A full work load for one semester is 30 ECTS credits. We recommend that you choose a few extra courses in your application.
- Autumn or spring semester: Check which semester the courses you wish to apply for are taught.
- Questions about courses? Use the contact information listed in the course description.
Norwegian language courses
Exhange students may apply for admission to a Norwegian language course. These amount to 10-30 ECTS credits and have mandatory attendance throughout the semester.
Courses in English grammar and literature
Exchange students who wish to take English courses (course code starting with ENG) must follow the instructions on the website Applicants to ENG-courses.
Courses in mathematics and natural sciences
Many of these courses have field trips, lab work etc. and therefore have limited capacity.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences may offer additional courses that you only can apply for after semester start (January/August).