Courses for Exchange Students
The University of Bergen offers a large number of courses taught in English at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
The list of courses shows courses from all our six faculties and each course will include the following information:
- Course levels: 100-level: bachelor's level courses, 200-level: may be included at both bachelor's and master's level, 300-level: master's level courses.
- Pre-requirements: Check if the courses have any pre-requirements.
- ECTS credits: A full work load for one semester is 30 ECTS credits.
- Autumn or spring semester: Check which semester the courses are taught.
- Course schedules will be published in June.
Questions about courses? Use the contact information listed for each course.
Norwegian Language Courses
Exchange students may apply for admission to a Norwegian language course. These amount to between 10 and 30 ECTS credits and have mandatory attendance throughout the semester.
Courses in English Literature, Culture and Linguistics
Exchange students who wish to take courses in English literature, culture or linguistics (course code starting with ENG) must follow the instructions on the website Applicants to ENG-courses.
Courses in Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Many of these courses have field trips, lab work etc. and therefore have limited capacity. The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences may offer additional courses that you can only apply for after semester startup in January/August.