Courses for Exchange Students
UiB offers a large number of courses taught in English at undergraduate and postgraduate level. In the course list you will find a course description for each of the courses our exchange students can apply for.
Each course description include:
- ECTS credits: A full work load for one semester is 30 ECTS credits.
- Teaching semester: Tells you whether the course is taught in autumn and/or spring.
- Course code:
- 100-level: Bachelor's level courses.
- 200-level: Can be included at both bachelor's and master's level.
- 300-level: Master's level courses.
- Number of semesters: Tells you if a course runs over 1 or 2 semesters.
- Language: Tells you wich language the course is taught in.
- Resources (schedule and reading list): Tells you when there are lectures and seminars/workshops and lists the course literature for the current semester.
- Select semester: To make sure you get the most up to date information, choose the spring semester 2017.
Norwegian Language Courses
Exchange students may apply for one Norwegian course during their stay at the University of Bergen.
The Norwegian language courses are given in addition to other courses and are not sufficient basis for admission to the University of Bergen.
Courses are offered at different levels and with either regular or intensive progression.
Courses in Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Many of these courses have field trips, lab work etc. and therefore have limited capacity. The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences may offer additional courses that you can only apply for after semester startup in January/August.