Erasmus+ Learning Agreement
Students participating in the Erasmus+ programme must have a Learning Agreement for studies, approved by the student and the sending and receiving institutions.
The Learning Agreement (LA) is issued by the sending institution and you should always follow the instructions given by your home university regarding your LA.
Bring your LA to UiB
UiB prefers that you get your LA signed during the first weeks of your stay (in August/January).
If your home university requires that your LA is signed by UiB prior to arrival in Bergen, you must follow the procedures described below.
Other procedures apply to students participating in the Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility.
How to get your LA signed before arrival
How to get your LA signed
- Fill in the LA and sign it: You and the exchange coordinator at your home university must fill in the LA and sign it.
- Your LA as one pdf file: Make sure that you have an electronic version of your LA as a pdf file, containing all the pages of your LA in one file.
Tips on how to merge pdfs.
- Email your LA to firstname.lastname@example.org in the period 15 May - 1 June.
If your LA is not signed by you or your home university, or if it's uploaded in the wrong format, we will not sign your LA.
UiB will sign the LA by 15 June.
Do you use the Online Learning Agreement (OLA)?
If your home university has asked you to use the OLA, you must follow their instructions carefully and fill in your LA as described under How to fill in your LA.
How to fill in your LA
TOPIC: The receiving institution
- Name: University of Bergen
- Erasmus code: N BERGEN01
- Faculty/department: - you can either leave these blank, or write the faculty/department where you will attend most of your courses -
- Address: P.O. Box 7800, N-5020 Bergen
- Country: Norway (NO)
- Contact person name: Kristin Skogedal
- Contact person e-mail/phone: email@example.com
TOPIC: Planned period of the mobility:
TOPIC: Responsible persons in the receiving institution
- Name: Kristin Skogedal
- Function: Erasmus coordinator
- Phone number: +47 55 58 00 00
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The other fields should be filled in by the sending institution and the student.
Your LA must be signed by you (the student) and your home university before you email it to us.
The Online Learning Agreement (OLA)
You may use the Online Learning Agreement at UiB
More than 300 universities and 7000 students have taken part in the testing of the OLA so far. At UiB we have tested OLA for a few semesters already, and our experience is that both students and university coordinators consider the OLA an easy and efficient way of signing the Learning Agreement.
How it works
- Student: Fills in the Learning Agreement in the online system. When complete, an email with a link to the OLA is sent to the international coordinator at the sending (home) institution. You can only use the OLA if your home university has told you to do so.
- Sending institution: The coordinator signs the OLA online, and an email with a link to the OLA is sent automatically to the international coordinator at the receiving institution.
- Receiving institution: The OLA can then be signed online by the receiving institution.
You access the OLA at the official Learning Agreement Online System website.
During the mobility
It is also possible to adjust the OLA online during the mobility period.