ERC Advanced Grants 2018 - proposal writing course
How to present your project and academic track record for European Research Council stipends
The European Research Council supports excellent researchers who have groundbreaking research ideas. Project ideas have to be presented in a different way and our course will show you how.
Join us for half a day to learn more. Our consultants from Enspire science will show you what to do - and what to avoid.
This course is for Advanced Grants (more senior academics with >12 years after their PhD), deadline August 30th 2018. (a course for StG/CoG will take place June 13th)
We meet at Hotel Ørnen, please register here. You can also sign up for an individual meeting in the afternoon.
Professor Eystein Jansen will share his experiences as a panel member and ERC Synergy Grant holder.
- ERC basics and terminology
- Technical rules & regulations
- PI Profile – What constitutes the “ERC Material”?
- Application & submission processes
- What constitutes Scientific Excellence?
- The unique nature of ERC: High risk, high gain, non-incremental work
- Hypothesis for ERC – how to do it right
- How to write a convincing methodology chapter
- Review Panel selection
- The panel-application reciprocal effect
- Ethical issues
- The evaluation process