The Card centre produces, programmes and distributes building access cards to students and employees.
Published: 06.01.2014 (Last updated: 10.11.2017)
Access to university buildings
- The building access cards are programmed with different access as needed. The institutes/departments decide which buildings and areas their employees/students are granted access to.
- Each institute/department shall appoint a card manager to serve as the link between the Card centre and employees/students. All enquiries to the Card centre concerning expanded access on the building access cards shall be made via the card manager at the different institutes/departments.
Ordering access cards
Ordering access cards for employees
- New employees: The card manager at the department authorises the card order, and the new employee must meet at the Card centre to have a photograph taken. Bring your ID with you.
- Lost/defective card: If the card is lost or defective the employee must contact the card manager at the department who will contact the Card centre to order a new card.
Ordering access cards for students
- Ordering a student card for the first time: All registered students at UiB can order a card by meeting in person at the Card centre. Bring your ID with you.
- Lost/defective card: Students must meet at the Card centre to order a new card.