Transport, materials and postal services
The Transport Section (TPS) of the Property Department undertakes small-scale removals and transport assignments, dismantles some furniture, provides advice about major removals processes and offers postal services.
Priority areas of work:
- Moving 1-2 people. (An external joint venture partner is used for moving larger groups)
- Transport of individual in-house items on the campus.
- Adjustment and dismantling of office furniture.
- Providing exam taxi services, either using a dedicated driver or the campus bus.
- Replacing some officer furniture and shelves.
- Hiring out and transporting tables and chairs for various events.
- Hiring out and transporting speakers' platforms.
All enquiries should be entered on a Demand Notice and sent toLydia.
Due to the fact that assignments are planned on a daily basis, they must be submitted at least 24 hours BEFORE they need to be implemented.
Storage and removals:
- The Transport Section coordinates, plans and implements removals.
- Moving large groups MUST be planned in plenty of time.
- We help to remove and dismantle fixtures and fittings and furniture. We have a limited amount of office furniture and equipment in store.
- Our materials team can assist with the assembly of wall shelves when such systems have been used previously. Please send any enquiries about materials to enquiries .
- Users are responsible for ensuring that building waste, removals waste and any other waste derived from removals is taken to a suitable disposal site. They shall dispose of any special waste in the appropriate manner and comply with the UiB's procedures in this respect.
Other transport assignments can be ordered from Lydia
- If required we can undertake special transport assignments or pass on contacts for all sections at the UiB.
- We can coordinate special consignments such as large goods consignments and the transport of goods via our framework agreement partner or via Posten Norge AS
- The Transport and supplies unit distribute mail internally at UiB and are responsible for the flow of mail externally.
- Forwarding of packages and recommended mail is also carried out.
- Cover letter for domestic packages
- Cover letter for "Carry-on"
(formerly "World packages") and "Receipts for recommended mail"
Exam taxi service:
- Users can use a Demand Notice for ordering the collection and transport of exam papers and answers. The deadline for orders is a minimum of 24 hours.
Locks for cupboards, safes and filing cabinets:
- We can help with the procurement of new locks and keys for office furniture, as well as the removal of old locks on existing office furniture.
Procurement and assembly of office furniture and storage shelves:
- All new procurements of furniture shall be undertaken by our framework agreement partners and shall include assembly.
- TPS's materials team is not responsible for such assembly work.