Finding suitable accommodation in Bergen can be a bit difficult, especially in the period July to October when a lot of students are also looking for a place to rent.
Short time rent
UiB guest accommodation for guests and newly appointed staff from abroad
- The Department of Estate and Facilities Management manages the letting of approx. 35 bedsits/flats for guest researchers and other guests at UiB.
- Most of the guest rooms are for single occupancy, but there are 8 rooms with 2 beds, one flat with 3 beds and one flat with beds for 4 people.
- The price varies from approx. 4 700 to 15 500 Nkr, this includes electricity and Wi-Fi.
- The rental period is between 3 weeks and 6 months.
- When staying at the guest accommodation you will need to bring your own bed linen and towels.
- If you want to check the availability and maybe book a guest accommodation, please contact your HR contact person or the International Centre.
Information in Norwegian: http://www.uib.no/foransatte/90675/leie-av-gjesteboliger
Student housing for employees and guests
Depending on the availability (usually only in the spring semester), visiting researchers to the University of Bergen may also rent a room at the student hostel at Fantoft. There are special prices for non-students, and special fixed rates for short-time renting. Cancellation of a room is allowed no later than 48 hours before arrival.
For more information about student housing in Bergen, please visit the SAMMEN website: www.sammen.no
NOTE: Visiting researchers who are interested in renting a room at a student hostel can contact the host department at the University of Bergen for assistance.
Pensions, B&B etc
If you are in Bergen outside the tourist season, you may ask for a better rate when staying at the same place for a period.
Housing for Rent from/to University Employees
At the UiB web there is an area called "The internal market" where those who have an IT account for employees can place adverts for "houses to rent" or "looking for a house to rent". Those traveling for a semester or two as guest researchers are interested in renting out their property to other university employees while they are away. Some other people also ask us to place their adverts here because they want to rent out to people connected to the university. Below you can read more about this marketplace.