– Love at first sight!
Franzi Walendczus from Germany certainly did not choose to study in Bergen because of the “good” weather. Despite of the weather though, she loves the city. “It was love at first sight” she says.
Franzi is an Erasmus exchange student at the Faculty of Law in Bergen this semester. Her first month is over, and she has only good things to say about the city and the university.
How have your first weeks in Bergen been?
– My first weeks in Bergen were great. I met so many interesting people and visited many beautiful places were I could share my new experiences with my new friends. It is my first time in Norway and I can say: It was love at the first sight!
How have you been received by the University of Bergen and The Faculty of Law?
– The receiving by the faculty was really brilliant. After my arrival I brought my organizational matters to the faculty and I met the bountiful assistants of The Faculty of Law. Especially our ERASMUS-coordinator received us with warm wishes!
How did you experience the mentor week?
(The student organisation ELSA [European Law Student Association] act as mentors for the new international students at the Faculty of Law, and introduce the new students to student life in Bergen through a number of social and cultural activities during the week.)
– Oh I think I had the best mentor-group! My mentors were awesome, they featherbed us! I learned many things about Bergen and The Faculty of Law in the mentor week, and it is the best way to meet Internationals!
Why did you choose to exchange to the Faculty of Law in Bergen?
– I choose Bergen because I never had been to Norway. I like hiking and being in the nature so I think Bergen is a great place for me!
Why do you think so many students from Germany choose to come to Bergen?
(This year, 56 students from Germany study at The Faculty of Law in Bergen.)
– I don't know... But I know it is not because of the "good weather" ;) I think many students would like to study in English!
What are your expectations for the rest of the semester?
– I look forward to learn more Norwegian language, to meet more interesting teachers, students and Norwegians, and to learn to bake better cinnamon buns (my first ones were not fluffy)!