Transformation processes in agri-food systems: Adaptation to climate change and food security in sub-Saharan African countries
Transformation processes in agri-food systems: Synergies and trade-offs between social, economic and ecological goals
Integrated and long-term planning: Agricultural, regional and national development
Model based policy analysis and design with a specialization in system dynamics modelling
Model based knowledge transfer: using simulation modeling tools and techniques for learning, capacity building and empowerment
- 2016. Can organic farming reduce vulnerabilities and enhance the resilience of the European food system? A critical assessment using system dynamics structural thinking tools. Sustainability. 8:971. 32 pages. doi: 10.3390/su8100971
- 2016. Investigating the drivers of innovation diffusion in a low income country context. The case of adoption of improved maize seed in Malawi. Futures : The journal of policy, planning and futures studies. 81: 161-175. doi: 10.1016/j.futures.2015.08.011
- 2016. Resilience in food systems: The case of tef in Ethiopia. Sight and Life. 30: 22-27.
- 2016. 34th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society 2016. System Dynamics Society. 2681 pages. ISBN: 978-1-5108-3020-2.
- 2015. System dynamics and simulation-gaming: Overview. Simulation & Gaming. doi: 10.1177/1046878115596390
- 2015. Effects of structural transparency in system dynamics simulators on performance and understanding. Systems. 3: 152-176. doi: 10.3390/systems3040152
- 2015. The effect of prior exploration as an instructional strategy in system dynamics learning environments. Simulation & Gaming. 46: 293-321. doi: 10.1177/1046878113517536
- 2015. Food provision and environmental goals in the Swiss agri-food system: System dynamics and the social-ecological systems framework. Systems research and behavioral science. 32: 414-432. doi: 10.1002/sres.2334
- 2015. A system dynamics approach for examining mechanisms and pathways of food supply vulnerability. Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences. 5: 321-336. doi: 10.1007/s13412-015-0289-x
- 2015. Food system resilience: Defining the concept. Global Food Security. 6: 17-23. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gfs.2015.08.001
- 2014. Food insecurity in Ethiopia: Population, food production and market. KAPITTEL. In:
- 2014. Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference of the System Dynamics Society. System Dynamics Society. 164 pages. ISBN: 978-1-935056-13-3.
- 2014. On the verge of a food crisis. University of Bergen, International Magazine. 24-25.
- 2014. På randen av en matkrise. Hubro. Magasin for Universitetet i Bergen. 20-21.
- 2014. Sustainable Development Goals and Targets on Food and Nutrition Security through Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems in the Post-2015 Agenda. Background Paper. 28 pages.
- 2014. Dynamic decision making in coupled social-ecological systems. Smallholder farmers’ goals, resources and constraints in improving food security and adapting to climate change in Zambia. KAPITTEL. In:
- 2014. Dynamic thinking about food system vulnerabilities in highly developed countries: Issues and initial analytic structure. KAPITTEL. In:
- 2014. Systems Education at Bergen. Systems. 2: 159-167.
- 2013. Social Dynamics Overriding Utility Evaluations for Good and Bad: Implications for the Design of Sustainable Food Security Policies in Sub-Saharan African Countries. 9, pages 223-241. In:
- 2013. Dynamic Governance of Energy Technology Change. Springer. 252 pages. ISBN: 978-3-642-39753-0.
- 2012. Automated assessment of learners' understanding in complex dynamic systems. System Dynamics Review. 28: 131-156. doi: 10.1002/sdr.1467
- 2012. Designing sustainable food security policies in sub-Saharan African countries: how social dynamics over-ride utility evaluations for good and bad. Systems research and behavioral science. 29: 575-589. doi: 10.1002/sres.2140
- 2012. Dynamics of Poverty Traps in Kenya. Modelling Food Security, Population Growth and the Poverty Trap. 100 pages. ISBN: 365911734X.
- 2011. Simulator-supported descriptions of complex dynamic problems: experimental results on task performance and system understanding. System Dynamics Review. 27: 142-172. doi: 10.1002/sdr.445
- 2011. Application of the Malaria Management Model to the Analysis of Costs and Benefits of DDT versus Non-DDT Malaria Control. PLoS ONE. 6. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0027771
- 2010. A Blend of Planning and Learning Simplifying a Simulation Model of National Development. Simulation & Gaming. 41: 641-662. doi: 10.1177/1046878109332280
- 2008. Closing the Loop: Promoting Synergies with Other Theory Building Approaches to Improve System Dynamics Practice. Systems research and behavioral science. 25: 471-486. doi: 10.1002/sres.913
- 2008. Learning about Dynamic Problems with Computer Simulators: A Case of System Dynamics Simulation Models. 569-571. In:
- 2008. The 8th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies. IEEE conference proceedings. 3 pages.