- 2016. Note on a training program for brief decision making for frontline police officers. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology. 31: 182-188. doi: 10.1007/s11896-015-9180-7
- 2013. Fatigue in seafarers working in the offshore oil and gas re-supply industry: effects of safety climate, psychosocial work environment and shift arrangement. International Maritime Health. 64: 72-79.
- 2013. A brief safety climate inventory for petro-maritime organizations. Safety Science. 58: 81-88. doi: 10.1016/j.ssci.2013.04.002
- 2012. Who benefits from simulator training: Personality and heart rate variability in relation to situation awareness during navigation training. Computers in Human Behavior. 28: 1262-1268. doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2012.02.009
- 2010. Perceived learning outcome: the relationship between experience, realism, and situation awareness during simulator training. International Maritime Health. 62: 258-264.
- 2009. Effects of navigation method on workload and performance in simulated high-speed ship navigation. Applied Ergonomics. 40: 103-114. doi: 10.1016/j.apergo.2008.01.001
- 2009. Heart rate variability, prefrontal neural function, and cognitive performance: the neurovisceral integration perspective on self-regulation, adaptation, and health. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. 37: 141-153. doi: 10.1007/s12160-009-9101-z
- 2008. Effects of navigation method on workload and performance in simulated high-speed ship navigation. Applied Ergonomics. 40: 103-114. Published 2008-02-21.
- 2006. The effects of brief situational awareness training in a shoot not shoot police simulator. Military Psychology. 18: S3-S21.
- 2006. The effect of brief situational awareness training in a police shooting simulator: An experimental study. Military Psychology. 18: S3-S21.
- 2005. Trauma narratives and emotional processing. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 46: 503-510.
- 2004. Stress and coping in a week-long disabled submarine exercise. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine. 75: 616-621.
Reports and theses
- 2011. Training effectiveness: Situation awareness training in simulators. University of Bergen.
- 2002. Tidlig prediksjon av posttraumatiske stressymptomer og livskvalitet : et studie basert på Pennebakers skriveparadigme. 65 bl.
- 2010. Situational awareness and shared mental models: Implications for training in security operations. kap 8, pages 161-178. In:
- 2010. Enhancing Human Performance in Security Operations: International and Law Enforcement Perspectives. 486 pages. ISBN: 978-0-398-07952-9.
- 2005. Menneskelig svikt og feilhandlinger. kapittel, pages 216-231. In:
- 2005. Operativ Psykologi. Fagbokforlaget. 419 pages. ISBN: 82-450-0169-4.