Theoretical computer science, algorithms and complexity. In particular, parameterized/multivariate algorithmics.
Education--in particular, how to create hands-on ways of communicating research and open problems to children and the public.
- 2017. The first Parameterized Algorithms and Computational Experiments challenge. Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics. 63: 1-9. doi: 10.4230/LIPIcs.IPEC.2016.30
- 2016. Tractable parameterizations for the MINIMUM LINEAR ARRANGEMENT problem. ACM Transactions on Computation Theory. 8:6. doi: 10.1145/2898352
1) Active contribution to the theoretical computer science community, in particular, publish the "Parameterized Complexity Newsletter". Also, moderate and maintain the Parameterized Complexity FPT Wiki.
2) Conduct research in theoretical computer science.
3) Advance increased awareness of the relevance of algorithm engineering in the international parameterized algorithms research community by booting up the Parameterized Algorithms Implementation Challenge.
Build a consortium for the Challenge, maintain community discussion on SLACK for holding the challenge and grant-writing initiatives.
4) Develop activities and initiatives to renew education and disseminate information about informatics especially in primary and lower and upper secondary schools, primarily using materials from the Computer Science Unplugged program. An increased activity in this domain targeting Norwegian schools is very desireable.
5) Promote opportunities for women in mathematics and informatics.