Our brain is continuously in development from early infancy to adulthood. We know that functions that related to self-regulation are dependent on maturation of the frontal lobes. The frontal lobes are critical for the interplay between the different functional networks in the brain and are broadly involved in regulation of behavior, impulse control and cognitive control. For example, most school-age children have learned to regulate feelings and impulses, and are functioning well in a classroom setting, while some children might struggle to regulate their emotions. We believe that some of the problems in children are caused by alterations in the of the control networks in the brain. Therefore, I want to learn more about the development of these networks in children and adolescents with neuropsychiatric conditions, especially Tourette syndrome and ADHD. I investigate different aspects of self-regulation, performance monitoring and attention across diagnostic groups in a long-term perspective in children and adults through neuropsychological testing and imaging techniques such as electroencephalography, event related potentials and MRI brain scans.
- Lab management: In charge of technical and administrative operation of the electroencephalography and event related potential lab at the department of biological and medical psychology.
- Contribute to planning, acquisition and analysis of EEG/ERP experiments.
- Responsible for MR acquisition related to EEG/ERP research projects.
- 2018. Event-Related-Potential (ERP) Correlates of Performance Monitoring in Adults With Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2017. Electrophysiological Correlates of Performance Monitoring in Children with Tourette Syndrome - A developmental perspective. University of Bergen.
- 2017. Utvikling av ticssuppresjon ved Tourettes syndrom. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 137: 1783-1783. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.17.0831
- 2017. Tics og søvn. 2-RETTE NORSK TOURETTE FORENINGEN. 2. 44-46.
- 2017. Development of performance and ERPs in a flanker task in children and adolescents with tourette syndrome - a follow-up study. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 11:305: 1-14. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2017.00305
- 2017. Suboptimal decision making by children with ADHD in the face of risk: Poor risk adjustment and delay aversion rather than general proneness to taking risks. Neuropsychology. 31: 119-128. doi: 10.1037/neu0000297
- 2016. Performance monitoring in medication-naïve children with Tourette Syndrome. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 10. Published 2016-03-01. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2016.00050
- 2016. Reduced error signalling in medication-naive children with ADHD: associations with behavioural variability and post-error adaptations. Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience. 41: 77-87. doi: 10.1503/jpn.140353
- 2013. Tics, raserianfall og komorbiditet hos barn med Tourettes syndrom. Hva er hva? 2-RETTE NORSK TOURETTE FORENINGEN. 2. 20-22.
- 2013. Neural plasticity in functional and anatomical MRI studies of children with Tourette syndrome. Behavioural Neurology. 27: 33-45. doi: 10.3233/BEN-120294
2017: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Department of biological and medical psychology, University of Bergen
2010: Doctor of Medicine (Dr. med.), Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
2002: Medical State Examination (cand. med.), Ernst-Moritz-Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
1995: Human and veterinarian Medical technical assistant, Naturwissenschaftliches Technikum, Landau/Pfalz, German