I am a Researcher at the Faculty of Law of the University of Bergen, and member of the Bergen Center for Competition Law & Economics. My research interests are connected with the regulation of markets as I work on the interface of competition, public procurement and energy law.
I obtained my PhD from the University of Bergen with a thesis entitled "Buyer Power in EU Competition Law" (2012-2017), financed by the Norwegian Research Council.
My PhD dissertation won the prestigious “2017 Concurrences PhD Award” to the best PhD dissertation in the field of competition law or economics of the year, awarded by Concurrences. In addition to the award, the thesis shall be published by Concurrences as a monograph.
Currently, I am working on a research project financed by Statoil through the AkademiaAvtalen entitled "Regulating energy markets, a perspective from EEA/EU Competition and Public Procurement Law" (2017-2019). As part of this research project I have been awarded the prestigious International Scholar-in-Residence scholarship by the American Bar Association, which allowed me visit the US for a period of almost four months and carry our research in the comparative regulation of transmission unbundling infrastructures in electricity markets while being a visiting researcher at Georgetown Law Center, D.C., and the School of Law of the University of Wisconsin.
If you are interested in some of my work, please visit my SSRN site.
- Invited entry in the blog "Competencia y Regulación" of Prof. Antonio Robles Martín-Laborda entitled "DIA/EROSKI y las alianzas compradoras, segunda parte: La Resolución de la CNMC".
- Interview "Issues with the centralisation of procurement" in the Public Procurement Podcast Series by Pedro Telles, Senior Lecturer in Law at Swansea University and sponsored by the British Academy for the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Invited entry in the blog "Competencia y Regulación" of Prof. Antonio Robles Martín-Laborda entitled "Sobre el abuso de dependencia económica y los códigos de conducta: El caso Tesco (plazos de pago y slotting allowances)".
- Invited entry in the Competition Policy Blog of the Centre for Competitio Policy (UEA) entitled: "Unfair purchasing practices and the Groceries Code of Conduct: the Tesco Investigation".
- Invited entry in the blog "Competencia y Regulación" of Prof. Antonio Robles Martín-Laborda entitled "El Acuerdo DIA-EROSKI: Alianza compradora o cártel de compra?" (The DIA-EROSKI Agreement: Buying alliance or buyers cartel?)".
- Invited entry in the blog "Competencia y Regulación" of Prof. Antonio Robles Martín-Laborda entitled "Sobre el abuso de dependencia económica en la cadena alimentaria: el asunto EDEKA" (On abuse of economic dependence in food retailing: the EDEKA case).
- 2017. Buyer Power in EU Competition Law. 652 pages. ISBN: 978-1-939007-24-7.
- 2017. Joint Bidding and Object Restrictions of Competition: The EFTA Court’s Take in the Taxi Case. European Competition and Regulatory Law Review (CoRe). 1: 174-179.
- 2017. Buyer Power in the Big Data and Algorithm Driven World: The Uber & Lift Example. Antitrust Chronice. Summer 2017 Vol 1: 31-36.
- 2016. Book review: Public Procurement and the EU Competition Rules (A. Sánchez Graells). European Competition Law Review. 37: 84-87.
- 2016. Book Review - Caroline Heide-Jørgensen, Christian Bergqvist, Ulla Neergaard & Sune Troels Poulsen (Eds.), Aims and Values in Competition Law (DJØF Publishing, 2013). The Competition Law Review. 11: 1-4.
- 2016. Revisiting the concept of undertaking from a public procurement law perspective - a discussion on EasyPay and Finance Engineering. European Competition Law Review. 37: 93-98.
- 2015. Competition law through an Ordoliberal Lens. Oslo Law Review. 2: 139-174.
- 2015. Centralising Public Procurement and Competitiveness in Directive 2014/24. European Law Reporter. 4: 119-132.
- 2015. EFTA Court case E-24/13 Casino Admiral AG v Wolfgang Egger: the obligation of transparency and consequences of its breach when awarding service concessions. The Public Procurement Law Review. 1: NA1-NA9.
- 2017. Utredning av muligheten for å etablere en inngrepshjemmel mot ensidige handlinger i verdikjeden for mat som ikke rammes av konkurranseloven § 11 / Unilateral Behaviors Below Dominance and Unfair Purchasing Practices: A Comparative Perspective. Nærings- og Fiskeridepartementet, Oslo. 68 pages.
- 2017. Buyer Power in EU Competition Law. Universitetet i Bergen. 603 pages.