My research interests are in developing upscaled models, dimensional reduction and numerical algorithms for coupled multiphysics processes such as flow and transport in deformable porous media. The reactive flow models lead to changes in the geometry at the pore scale and require non-standard models for describing the processes. I have performed upscaling and dimensional reduction of such reactive processes and developed numerical methods for solving the upscaled models. I have also worked on scalable algorithms such as domain decomposition techniques for simulating multiphase flow and transport in porous media. In addition, I have worked on the analysis of iterative and multirate algorithms for solving the coupled flow and geomechanics problems in a porous medium.
Vector and Tensor Analysis MAT 235, Fall 2016
Finite Element Analysis, Fall 2015
Computational Science II, Spring 2015, Spring 2016
- 2017. Robust fixed stress splitting for Biot's equations in heterogeneous media. Applied Mathematics Letters. 68: 101-108. doi: 10.1016/j.aml.2016.12.019
- 2017. Effective Behavior Near Clogging in Upscaled Equations for Non-isothermal Reactive Porous Media Flow. Transport in Porous Media. 120: 553-577. doi: 10.1007/s11242-017-0940-y
- 2017. Analysis and Upscaling of a Reactive Transport Model in Fractured Porous Media with Nonlinear Transmission Condition. Vietnam Journal of Mathematics. 45: 77-102. doi: 10.1007/s10013-016-0198-7
- 2017. A robust, mass conservative scheme for two-phase flow in porous media including Hoelder continuous nonlinearities. IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis. 1-37. doi: 10.1093/imanum/drx032
- 2017. Flow and transport in tight and shale formations: A review. Geofluids. 2017:4251209: 1-21. doi: 10.1155/2017/4251209
- 2017. On the Properties of the Parameter Space of the Generalized Continuum Transport Model for Description of Fluid Flow in Porous Networks. Transport in Porous Media. 119: 673-688. doi: 10.1007/s11242-017-0905-1
- 2016. Convergence analysis of multirate fixed-stress split iterative schemes for coupling flow with geomechanics. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. 311: 180-207. doi: 10.1016/j.cma.2016.07.036
- 2016. Convergence of iterative coupling of geomechanics with flow in a fractured poroelastic medium. Computational Geosciences. 20: 997-1011. doi: 10.1007/s10596-016-9573-4
- 2016. Multirate undrained splitting for coupled flow and geomechanics in porous media. Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering. 112: 431-440. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-39929-4_41
- 2016. Homogenization of a pore scale model for precipitation and dissolution in porous media. IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics. 81: 877-897. doi: 10.1093/imamat/hxw039
- 2015. A robust linearization scheme for finite volume based discretizations for simulation of two-phase flow in porous media. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. 289: 134-141. doi: 10.1016/j.cam.2015.02.051
- 2015. A geometrical approach to find corresponding patches in 3D medical surfaces. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 9370: 217-219.
- 2017. A convergent mass conservative numerical scheme based on mixed finite elements for two-phase flow in porous media. Cornell University. 28 pages.
- 2017. Iterative Methods for Coupled Flow and Geomechanics in Unsaturated Porous Media. paper. In:
- 2017. Poromechanics VI: Proceedings of the Sixth Biot Conference on Poromechanics. American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). 2056 pages. ISBN: 9780784480779.
- 2017. Maintenance Regime Minimum (MRM): State of the Art — Maintaining Offshore Platforms Before Decommissioning. OMAE2017-61271, pages . In:
- 2017. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 1: Offshore Technology. ASME Press. 200 pages. ISBN: 978-0-7918-5763-2.
Please see attached CV.
At Google scholar https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=rHFW3EAAAAAJ&hl=en
1. Project Manager and PI, Upscaling of Evolving Microstructures and its Applications, NRC-Daad collaboration with University of Erlangen, Germany (80k NOK).
2. Project Manager and PI, An extensive collaborative project on education, research and training with Russian Academy of Sciences, St Petersburg, Russia, SIU project, CPRU 2015/10040 (147k NOK).
3. Co-applicant, Thermo-Mechanical Subsurface Energy Storage, Toppforsk (25M NOK).
4. Co-applicant, Improving microbial selective plugging technology through experimentally based modelling and simulation, Petromaks 2 (9M NOK).
5. Co-applicant, Fundamentals of CO2-Hydrocarbon Interactions for CO2 storage with enhanced recovery (EOR/EGR) in offshore reservoirs: modeling, numerical methods and upscaling (Project CHI), Klimaforsk (8M NOK).
6. Co-applicant, Efficient discretizations and fast solvers for poroelasticity, NRC-DAAD collaboration with Helmut-Schmidt-Universit\"at, Germany (60k NOK).
7. Co-author, Experimentally based modelling of colloid transport in multiphase porous media (EPOCH), Statoil - Akademia Grant (3400k NOK).
8. Co-applicant, EOR upscaling - from lab to field, Petromaks 2 (24M NOK).
9. Co-applicant, Efficient models for Microbially Induced CAlcite Precipitation as a seal for CO2 storage (MICAP), (8M NOK).