I currently work as a scientist at the KG Jebsen Center for Diabetes Research, Department of Clinical Science, University of Bergen, and at the Center for Medical Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, both in Bergen, Norway. I am affiliated through active cooperation to the Bergen Stem Cell Consortium and the CompOmics group in Gent, Belgium. I am member of the European Bioinformatics Community (EuBIC) initiative, and of the educational committee of the European Proteomics Association (EuPA).
My main research focus is the improvement of diagnostic, prognostic, and treatment of diseases through the application of omics techniques. My field of expertise is the bioinformatic interpretation of clinical data. My research is primarily applied to projects at the biomedical and clinical departments of the University of Bergen, but the methods and tools produced can be applied in other contexts. I have strong interests in knowledge sharing and education, and therefore try to make my work open and documented.
I am always happy to discuss possible projects and collaborations, and to help with the interpretation of clinical data - don't hesitate to contact me!
Detailed analysis of the blood platelet proteome through the use of innovative bioinformatics methods for protein identification, quantification and post-translational modification localization. (link)
Note: The publication list in the link below is not updated, see Pubmed instead.
Initiatives for the improvement of biomedical research through better coordination of efforts in bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics Hub: Open space at scientific conferences for scientists to come together and exchange on bioinformatics (link).
- European Bioinformatics Community (EuBIC): Initiative of young investigators supported by the EuPA for user-oriented bioinformatics (link).
- PeptideShaker: Graphical and command line interface for the interpretation of proteomics identification results allowing the reprocessing of public data (link).
- SearchGUI: Graphical and command line interface for the operation of multiple search engines (link).
- DeNovoGUI: Graphical and command line interface for the operation of de novo sequencing algorithms (link).
- Reporter: Graphical interface for reporter ion based protein quantification (link).
- PeptideMapper: Lightweight and quick index for protein sequence databases in the fasta format (link).
- Pladipus: cluster computing framework (link).
- MascotDatfile: Parser for Mascot search result files (link).
- OMSSA Parser: Parser for OMSSA search result files (link).
- XTandem Parser: Parser for X!Tandem search result files (link).