Mihaela Roxana Cimpan
- Phone+47 55 58 62 63
- Visitor AddressBiomaterials - Department for Clinical Dentistry, Årstadveien 19, Bergen 5009, NorwayAarstadveien 19-215009 BergenRoomD04.010
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- Biomaterials, Biocompatibiltiy
- Biological effects of biomaterials and nanomaterials
- Developmanet of new techniques for evaluating the biological effects of nanomaterials
dental students, dental hygienist students, specialist candidates, PhD candidates, BSc and MSc students in Nanotechnology and Nanoscience
- 2017. High throughput toxicity screening and intracellular detection of nanomaterials. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology. 9: 1-30. doi: 10.1002/wnan.1413
- 2017. Nano-TiO2 penetration of oral mucosa: in vitro analysis using 3D organotypic human buccal mucosa models. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine. 46: 214-222. doi: 10.1111/jop.12469
- 2017. CHITOSAN MODIFIED POLY(LACTIC-CO-GLYCOLIC) ACID NANOPARTICLES INTERACTION WITH NORMAL, PRECANCEROUS KERATINOCYTES AND DENTAL PULP CELLS. Stomatology Edu Journal. 4: 16-26. Published 2017-04-03.
- 2016. Nano-TiO2 penetration of oral mucosa: in vitro analysis using 3D organotypic human buccal mucosa models. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine. 46: 214-222. doi: 10.1111/jop.12469
- 2016. Contact-dependent transfer of TiO2 nanoparticles between mammalian cells. Nanotoxicology. 10: 204-215. doi: 10.3109/17435390.2015.1048322
- 2015. The effect of blood protein adsorption on cellular uptake of anatase TiO2 nanoparticles. International Journal of Nanomedicine. 10: 687-695. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S72726
- 2013. An impedance-based high-throughput method for evaluating the cytotoxicity of nanoparticles. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. 429. 10 pages. doi: 10.1088/1742-6596/429/1/012026
- 2013. In vitro reconstruction of human junctional and sulcular epithelium. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine. 42: 396-404. doi: 10.1111/jop.12005
- 2012. Role of physicochemical characteristics in the Uptake of TiO2 nanoparticles by fibroblasts. Toxicology in Vitro. 26: 469-479. doi: 10.1016/j.tiv.2012.01.019
- 2012. Hvor trygt er Nano? Nanotoksikologi – et tverrfaglig forskningsfelt. Naturen. 3. 121-125.
- 2012. Limited in-depth invasion of Fusobacterium nucleatum into in vitro reconstructed human gingiva. Archives of Oral Biology. 57: 344-351. doi: 10.1016/j.archoralbio.2011.09.015
- 2009. Agglomeration and Sedimentation of TiO2 Nanoparticles in Cell Culture Medium. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. 68: 83-87. Published 2009-01-01. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2008.09.014
- 2009. Fusobacterium nucleatum Enters Normal Human Oral Fibroblasts In Vitro. Journal of Periodontology. 80: 1174-1183. Published 2009-07-01. doi: 10.1902/jop.2009.090051
- 2008. Induction of cell death by TiO2 nanoparticles: studies on a human monoblastoid cell line. Toxicology in Vitro. 22: 1689-1696. doi: 10.1016/j.tiv.2008.07.002
- 2005. The coinitiator DMABEE induces death by apoptosis and necrosis in human monoblastoid cells. Clinical Oral Investigations. 9: 168-172. doi: 10.1007/s00784-004-0289-9
- 2003. 4-N,N-dimethyl amino benzoic acid ethylester induces apoptosis and necrosis in U-937 cells. Journal of Dental Research. 82: 343-343.
- 2002. Comparative corrosion studies in the case of Nicromal alloy. Timisoara Medical Journal. 52: 39-40.
- 2001. Detection of cadmium in six denture base acrylic resins. Romanian Biotechnological Letters. 5: 387-392.
- 2001. Vitamin E prevents apoptosis and necrosis in U-937 cells exposed to eluates from autopolymerized denture base acrylic resins. Journal of Dental Research. 80: 1291-1291.
- 2000. Patterns of cell death induced by eluates from denture base acrylic resins in U-937 human monoblastoid cells. European Journal of Oral Sciences. 108: 59-69.
- 2000. The effect of heat- and auto-polymerized denture base polymers on clonogenicity, apoptosis, and necrosis in fibroblasts: denture base polymers induce apoptosis and necrosis. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica. 58: 217-228.
- 1999. Assessment of uncertainty in mechanical testing of dental biomaterials. Quality Assurance: Good Practice Regulation & Law. 6: 213-228.
- 1999. Comparison of physical and mechanical properties of some commonly used eastern and western European denture base acrylic resins. Revista Nationala de Stomatologie. II: 4-9.
- 1999. Altered clonogenicity and induction of apoptotic cell death in L929 cells exposed to denture base acrylic resins. Journal of Dental Research. 78: 315-315.
- 1998. A comparative study of cytopathogenic effects of four denture base acrylic resins. Journal of Dental Research. 77: 816-816.
- 1996. Comparison of physical and mechanical properties of eastern and western European denture base acrylic resins. Journal of Dental Research. 75: 294-294.
- 2000. In vitro biological effects and physical properties of poly(methyl methacrylate)-based denture base resins. 103 pages.
PhD in Biomaterials (2001), research, teaching, supervision, clinical experience as dental instructor and from private praxis
"A common European approach to the regulatory testing of nanomaterials" NANoREG - the project is funded by the FP7 European Framework Program on Nanoscience, Nanotechnologies, materials and new production technologies (2013-2017) - Principal investigator
“National initiative towards developing a common approach to the regulatory testing of manufactured nanomaterials” (NorNANoREG) – project funded by the Norwegian Research Council, the NANO2021 program (2014-2017) - Principal investigator and task leader
“Self-navigated integrin receptors seeking "thermally-smart" multifunctional few-layer graphene-encapsulated magnetic nanoparticles for molecular MRIguided anticancer treatments in "real time" personalized nanomedicine (GEMNS)” (2015 - 2018) - financed by EuroNanoMed II, through EC’s 7th Framework Programme - Principal investigator and leader of the Norwegian partners
"Development of impedance-based non-invasive techniques for evaluating the biological effects of nanoparticles" (2013-2016) - funded by UH-nett Vest - project leader
“Innovative Nanopharmaceuticals: Targeting breast cancer stem cells by a novel combination of epigenetic and anticancer drugs with gene therapy (INNOCENT)” (2017-2020) - financed by EuroNanoMed II - Principal investigator v/UiB