- Documentation here.
- Engineering related to upgrading Jan Mayen seismometer network.
- Technical responsible for network of seismometers (at present 34 ea) located in mainland Norway, the Arctic islands Hopen and Bjørnøya, and Jan Mayen. Maintenance and upgrade of existing stations; for new ones: Site reconnaissance, property owner and entrepreneur contracting, design, installation and commissioning. An example (in Norwegian). Representative photo albums:
(a) Vault construction
(b) Seismometer installation.
- EPOS-N: Assigned task of site selection and construction of seven new seismometer locations in Nordland, including geodetic GNSS receivers, in cooperation with The Norwegian Mapping Authority.
- Operation/maintenance geophysical instrumentation: Streamers (marine: 240 ch/3 km digital; analog; snow streamers), sub-bottom profilers, gravity meters, magnetometer, source control systems (airguns, detonating cord). Participation or support these surveys.
- New research vessels, providing engineering support related to geophysical instrumentation:
(a) R/V "Kristine Bonnevie" (2016-7)
(b) R/V "Kronprins Haakon" (2015-7)
(c) R/V "G.O. Sars" (2003)
- Planning/procurement/commissioning instrument packages.
- Instrumentation support (seismics) for Hovercraft "Sabvabaa" that recently completed one year Arctic survey.
- Software using Generic Mapping Tools (GMT), Seismic Unix incl. transcription of seismic data in various formats (SEG-Y/B/C/2).
- Leader workgroup recommending department UNIX/Linux strategy.
- Web server, wikis: Installation/maintenance
- 2008. Ny bøye vil gi mer seismiske data fra Polhavet. Geo. 11: 53-53.
Reports and theses
- 2014. Barents OBS 2014: Ocean Bottom Seismic Survey in the Barents Sea (BARPZ project: 'Barents Sea Paleozoic Basement and Basin Configuration'), RV HÅKON MOSBY. Cruise report. Cruise report. 1: 1. University of Oslo, Oslo. 35 pages.
- 2000. Seismologi i Skolegården: Prosjektbeskrivelse. www2.ifjhf.uib.no/SEIS-SCHOOL/. MANGLER.