List of available software
We have an extensive collection of specialist software for seismic interpretation, modelling and digital outcrop work in the lab. Please contact Leo Zijerveld if you are thinking of acquiring additional software.
Apart from the standard Microsoft Office and ArcGIS software we have the following software installed in lab:
- Petrel Seismic interpretation, mapping and much else, installed on all machines in the lab. Floating licenses
- Kingdom Suite Seismic interpretation, mainly used for retrieving data in Kingdom format, requires dongle to run, latest version available on GEO055206
- OpendTect Seismic interpretation platform, 3 floating licenses
- PaleoScan Volume based seismic interpretation and model building, 5 floating licenses
- GeoTeric Advanced seismic interpretation and attribute analysis, 3 floating licenses, can be installed on any machine but requires high spec graphics cards. Currently installed on GEO055033, GEO055209 and GEO055206
- Move 2D & 3D kinematic structural modelling (site license)
- Traptester Fault displacement and fault seal analysis, requires OpenText Exceed to run under windows. We currently only have 2 licences for Exceed, one is installed on GEO055230.
Virtual outcrop modelling
- LIME: for visualisation, interpretation and communication of lidar/photogrammetric models. Contact Simon Buckley for more information.
- Riscan Pro: for processing of lidar point clouds.
- Innovmetric PolyWorks: for processing of 3D meshes from point cloud data. A network licence is available through Uni Research CIPR.
- ENVI: for processing of hyperspectral imagery. Contact Tobias Kurz for more information.
- Various photogrammetric software: for generating 3D point clouds from image data.
- Various in-house programs for out-of-core processing of large photorealistic models and integrating lidar and hyperspectral datasets.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Advanced drawing package, installed on all machines, fixed number of licenses