TRUE – Transforming Universities
TRUE addresses the Governance and Steering topic in the EUROHESC call for proposals. The aim of the research is to clarify how steering and governance have affected organisational characteristics of HEIs and how this has affected the differentiation of the European HE landscape.
The transformation will be analysed by means of three perspectives:
- Universalism assumes that universities are specific organisations
- Instrumentalism assumes that universities are just like any kind of organisation
- Institutionalism assuming that the crucial question is the fit between the norms and values of universities and reformers.
The CRP focuses on three interrelated themes:
- Governance and steering
- Organisational change
- The higher education landscape.
The IPs and APs have divided the subthemes systematically between them in order to study the subthemes comparatively in a systematic way.
The CRP has accordingly adopted a systematic procedure for a common eight country database based on five data collection strategies:
- National cases studies based on a common design, realised by national teams.
- Case studies of three individual HEIs in each country (24 overall)
- Joint survey of all HEIs in the involved countries, developed collectively and delivered nationally.
- In-depth comparative analyses of national policies and instruments
- Collection of common data for a basic characterization of HEIs.
FP-007: The Transformation of European Universities (TRUE)
Prof. Ivar Bleiklie, Department of Administration and Organization Theory,
DE, NL, NO, PT, CH, UK
1. Ivar Bleiklie
2. Svein Michelsen
3. Tor Halvorsen
4. Gigliola Mathisen
6. António Magalhães
7. Rui Santiago
8. Maria de Lourdes Machado
9. Sofia Sousa
10. Orlanda Tavares
11. Jürgen Enders
12. Harry de Boer
14. Barbara Kehm
15. Peter Martin Kretek
16. Zarko Drasic
17. Benedetto Lepori
18. Martin Benninghoff
19. Martina Montauti
20. Jeroen Huisman
21. Paulo Botas
22. Nicoline Frølich
23. Stig Slipersæter
24. Christine Musselin
26. Emanuela Reale
27. Marco Seeber
28. PhD student