In the Research Group for Nordic Languages, we study Norwegian and the other Nordic languages (Icelandic, Faroese, Danish, and Swedish) from a number of perspectives:
- Norwegian as a second language
- Norwegian didactics
- phonology, grammar, and text linguistics
- semantics and pragmatics
- dialects, sociolects, attitudes to language
- language history and change
- personal names and place names
The group was established on September 19, 2013, and started its regular activities in January, 2014. It is primarily a forum for the discussion of research by the group members, be it individual or project-based research.
Head of research group: Prof. Torodd Kinn
For a full list of group members, please see the Norwegian page.