Summer, sea, fishing and fun!
Summer in Bergen - come explore some of the areas outside Bergen by boat. Sunshine or rain, we will have fun!
NB - it looks like the number of registrations are close to the maximum number of passengers. So, maybe those registering now only get on the waiting list.
Please inform us if you change your mind about participating, so someone else can get your place(s).
It has become a tradition: SIM and the INN club invite you for a boat trip to give you a chance to try fishing. Before we have done this in August, but this year it is June.
It is M/S Midthordland that will take us from Bryggen out on the sea, and we will sail north on Byfjorden, Herdlefjorden and Salhusfjorden, and pass Nordhordalandsbrua, Norway´s second longest bridge. We will make a turn up Kvernafjorden to Alverstraumen, and pass through some of this picturesque narrow stream before returning to Bergen.
On the way we will stop to fish. It is mackerel season, but we may catch a few other types as well. A small fishing competition will decide the best fisher(wo)men this year!
- A small meal of baguette and soft drink is included, other drinks is sold on board.
- Please dress according to the weather – it tends to be cooler out on the fjord.
- The boat has life jackets, but bring your own for young children.
- We do have some fishing gear, but feel free to bring your own.
- In order to participate, all you have to do is register and be there on time!
Registration deadline: June 9th.