Creating a UiB user account
If you are a current student at KHiB you can now creat a UiB user account.
To create a UiB user account you will need your Norwegian ID number, a PIN code and your student identity number at UiB.
Do the following...
...to get a PIN code and your student identity number:
- Go to UiB Studentweb, studentweb.uib.no, and click on the "Norwegian ID number and PIN" tab on the right.
- Click on the link "Send new PIN to your email". Enter your Norwegian ID number and click on "Send PIN". If you do not have a Norwegian ID number, please use the number received by email.
- Get your PIN code from the email you receive in your private email.
- Sign into studentweb.uib.no using your ID number and PIN.
- Click on your name at the top right of the menu and select "My Profile".
- You will find your student identity number at the top of the screen next to your name.
...to create a user account:
- Go to sebra.uib.no.
- From the menu on the left select "Student" under "Create account".
- Read the rules an accept the them by clicking on "I wish to create an account now" at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your Norwegian ID number, student identity number and PIN code and click on "Register".
- Make a note of your username. You will find it at the top of the screen.
- Create a password (you will find a list of password criteria on the screen) and click "Confirm"
The following day you will be able to:
- Visit the Card Centre at the Student Centre and get a Student ID card. The card will give you access to The Univeristy Library and UiB toilets.
- Download the Student ID app. It will start working after you have paid the Semester fee for the spring 2017.
- Use IT services for UiB students, e.g. free Office 365.
- Make use of the University Library's e-journals, e-books and courses.
For KHiB-students: This will change.