Renewal of Study Permit
International students may need to apply for a renewal of student residence permit during their stay in Norway.
Published: 21.02.2014 (Last updated: 08.03.2017)
How to apply
- Order a Study Progress Report for renewal of residence permit
- Apply for a renewal by following UDI's instructions
- Apply for the renewal of your study residence permit at least one month before your current permit expires (required by UDI).
- You should not book an appointment with the Immigration office until you have all the required documents, including the study progress report.
- Submit a complete application to make the processing faster and easier.
Work permitWhen you apply for a renewal of your study permit, UDI will consider whether you will still be entitled to work part-time in addition to your studies. The reason for this is that your studies, and not work, is the main purpose of your stay in Norway. Working part-time cannot conflict with your studies.
Exchange students and other short-term students
If you have been granted an extension of your study period, you need to apply for a renewal of your study permit.
How to apply for a renewal of study permit
- Apply for an extension to UiB
- Apply for a renewal by following UDI's instructions after receiving your Letter of Extension from UiB.