Checklist for new international students
As a new international student at UiB, you will need to complete compulsory registrations and other formalities during the first weeks of the semester.
Studentweb is the students’ online registration service. All students must register on Studentweb at the beginning of each semester and this is also where you register for classes and exams.
|Student Category:||All students|
|When:||Deadline 1 September/ 1 February. For exceptions, see below.|
|Documentation:||UiB registration codes|
Important deadlines in the autumn semester
|Registration deadline||1 September|
|Norwegian Language Courses (only for students with granted admission)||17 August|
|Some courses at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences||17 August|
How to register for the semester
Log in at Studentweb
- The first time you log in, you must choose Norwegian ID number and PIN at the login page.
- Choose Send new PIN to your email and enter your UiB registration number (11 digit number sent to you by email).
- Log in with your UiB registration number and PIN.
When you have opened a UiB user account, you can also choose to log in with your username and personal password instead, using Feide.
Register for the semester and sign up for courses
Choose the green button Start registration.
- Rights and obligations: You must confirm that you are aware of the rules and regulations that apply to students at UiB.
- Education plan: An overview of what you will study as part of your study programme/period at UiB. This is also where you sign up for classes and exams for your courses.
- Status and overview: Check that you have signed up for both classes and exams.
- Profile: Update your profile, including updating your semester address and emergency contact person.
- Confirmation: A confirmation will appear, and that means you have completed your semester registration.
Semester address (your address in Norway)
Make sure that you provide your correct postal address in Norway when you update your profile.
- Still at home: use the international address format and write your home address. Remember to update your semester address when you arrive in Bergen.
- Already arrived in Bergen: use the Norwegian address format and register your postal address.
If you live at Fantoft Student Hostel your correct postal address is:
Fantoft Student Hostel
P.O. Box [no.]
Sign up for courses after you have completed the semester registration
Navigate at Studentweb using the top menu
After you have completed the semester registration, the green button will be deactivated. You can still make changes to your study plan, sign up for or delete courses, change classes, update your profile and more within the given deadline.
When logged in, use the menu at the top of the page to navigate. To see and edit your education plan (sign up for classes and exams), choose Studies in the top menu and your programme.
Attend the Welcome Programme
We recommend that you attend your faculty's information meeting during the Welcome Programme if you can. Useful information about courses and registrations will be provided there.
Visit the Student Information Centre at your faculty
Services provided at Studentweb
Start of the semester
- from week 25 to 1 September (autumn semester) and from week 50 to 1 February (spring semester).
- Register for the semester
- Find the semester fee payment information (if applicable)
- Register for classes and exams
- Register your semester address
- Register your emergency contact person