The Qualification Program for dentists with dental education from countries outside the EU/ EEC area
- Years1.5 year
- ECTS credits90
Objectives and content
This is a program for dentists settled in Norway, having a dental degree from a country outside the EU/EEA that has not been recognized as equivalent to the Norwegian dentist qualification by the office of Norwegian Registration Authority for Health Personnel (SAK) or Helsedirektoratet (Hdir). The main intention is to calibrate the already achieved, dental competence outside the EU/ EEC-area with Norwegian Master of Dentistry. All parts of the program are mandatory, and all courses/ subjects must be evaluated as «passed» before the student completes the program and is able to undetake the final exam.
A passed, final exam at the Qualification Program will, on application, qualify as basis for issuance of Norwegian authorization as a dentist by Hdir.
How to Apply
The Department of Clinical Dentistry (IKO) announces the next admission to The Qualification Program for dentists with dental education from countries outside the EU/ EEC area, in the beginning of January 2019.
Planned start of the studies: January 2020
You apply digitally through Søknadsweb, and all relevant documentation must be uploaded through this digital application as attachments. Applications being sent to IKO without using the Søknadsweb, will not be considered.
Formal admission requirements/ criteria:
- Dental education: It is a requriement that this has been evaluated by the Norwegian Directorate of Health, HDir (present) or by the former Stately Register and Authorization Office for Healt Personell, SAK. It this evalutaion shows a moderat devation from norwegian Master of Dentistry, the Qualification Program is considered to be a possible way to qualify for authorization as a norwegian dentist at a later time. The evaluation and conclusion by the authorization authorities will be the foundation in IKOs review of the applicants to the Qualification Program.
- Language proficiency in Norwegian and English as for The Norwegian Universities and Colleges Admission Service (NUCAS).
- Norwegian residential address at the point of application
If you fulfill all the formal admission requirements, you are invited to the first part of the admission test:
- Part 1, Practical part: You will solve practical tasks on plastic teeth the you will justify, in writing. It you achieve a minimum of 40% of the possible score, you will be offered to go throught to the next level, which is:
- Part 2, Written part: A theoretical test in clinical subjects with some focus on pre- and paraclinical issues. The following day you will be asked to meet for:
- Part 3, the Interview: Is based on your education, experience as a dentist and the answers to both the practical and written parts of the admission test.
All parts of the admission test will be in Norwegian.
If you are ranked as one of the 8 best applicants, you will be offered admission to the Qulification Program.The admission process usually lasts for about a year.
Information and contact
For practical information regardring applications, please contact Christine E. Kronenberger through mail to email@example.com or via phone to 55 58 60 16.