EuroVis 2011: Call for Posters & Demos
Submissions are due March 11, 2011.
Notification date is April 4, 2011.
Camera-ready poster abstracts is due to: April 22, 2011.
EuroVis 2011 Poster Chair: Július Parulek (Julius.ParulekUiB.no)
With this call for posters, we invite you to actively participate in EuroVis 2011 (June 1–3, 2011, Bergen, Norway) with a poster and/or an interactive demo.
Important note: EuroVis 2011 Posters and Demos will be exhibited at the EuroVis 2011 venue. In the poster/demo session, the presenters are supposed to discuss their work with interested EuroVis attendees. For the case of interactive demos, we recommend to submit them together with an accompanying poster.
We welcome preliminary findings that, for example, are not yet mature enough for a full paper, interesting research work with a contribution smaller than in a typical research paper (student projects can fall into this category, for example), or late-breaking research where the presenter can benefit from the feedback from the community before writing a full paper. There is no explicit requirement of novelty with respect to the involved research. For instance, we welcome the demonstration of open-source visualization software, even if its research aspects have already been published in another venue, the presentation of commercial visualization software, or of videos showing visualization systems in action. Although a full literature review is not expected, the most relevant previous work should be cited, particularly if new research results are presented.
The collection of accepted abstracts will be distributed to the attendees of EuroVis 2011 (printed in black and white). Still they will not be included in the archival proceedings or indexed in a digital library. Thus, posters do not preclude the later submission of work as a full research paper at EuroVis 2012 or any other venue.
Each poster/demo abstract will be read and evaluated by the Poster Chair of EuroVis 2011 (in collaboration with the other EuroVis 2011 Chairs). The submissions will be evaluated based on whether the content is suitable for EuroVis and that it is not a repetition of the work of others. The authors of posters that are not accepted will receive a summary review of their poster from the chair(s) explaining the decision and providing feedback.
Topics for posters/demos include topics suggested for full papers (in the Call for Papers).
Before submitting a poster/demo abstract, please note the following:
- Poster abstract submissions should be in two-column format and should be one page in length (in exceptional cases, two pages could be acceptable). The author(s) should prepare and electronically submit a PDF version of their poster/demo abstract following the EuroVis style guidelines. The submissions need not be anonymous.
- Examples of one-page poster abstracts are here and here (the corresponding posters are here and here)
- All abstract submissions should be sent in PDF format by eMail to the EuroVis 2011 Poster Chair Julius.ParulekUiB.no before 23:59 GMT/UTC on March 11, 2011.
- The submission should clearly state, if a demo and/or video will be presented during EuroVis 2011.
- Notifications about acceptance/rejection of posters/demos will be sent on April 4, 2011
- At least one of the poster/demo authors must be present at the conference.
All questions regarding the EuroVis 2011 Poster/Demo Program should be directed to Július Parulek, Julius.ParulekUiB.no.