Center of Geobiology part of new discovery
CGB leader professor Rolf Birger Pedersen and collaborators have discovered two new, unique hydrothermal vents in the Mid-Cayman spreading centre
Centre leader and professor at the Department of Earth Science, University of Bergen, Rolf Birger Pedersen was part of a team of international experts aboard the RRS James Cook spring 2010.
The paper in Nature Communications reports their discovery of two new, unique hydrothermal vents in the Mid-Cayman spreading centre.
Last updated 11.1.2012
Nyheter fra Department of Earth Science
- GLANAM - a major European project that is to be coordinated by GEO, UiB (08.06.2012)
- Bergen Research Foundation scholarship awarded to Bjarte Hannisdal (03.12.2013)
- French vessel Pourquois pas? Cruises the Mid-Atlantic Ridge (02.12.2013)
- Computing the earth from core to clouds (22.11.2013)
- Students realize need of field sketching skills (21.11.2013)