10 years of EU activities in Women in Science - and beyond
Changing research landscapes to make the most of human potential
This conference (Prague, 14-15 May 2009) aims at encouraging public and private research institutions to reflect on the role that an appropriately gendered management plays in the provision of genuine equal opportunities, and the benefit that this could have for science and technology.
Human resource managers from universities and other research institutions, school-level science education experts, researchers, representatives from EU member states and non-European countries, policy makers and other stakeholders will come together to look at how young people can be attracted into research in the first place, and then how research organisations can improve their working environments in order to keep these women and men in research careers.
Since the conference will also be marking ten years of activities for the European Union in the field of Women and Science, the plenary sessions will include presentations that analyse the results of past activities and also look to the future.
We would be happy if you could attend the conference and kindly ask you to pass on this information to others who may be interested in attending.
Registration is open now: http://ec.europa.eu/research/science-society
Practical information about the conference can be found:
Unit Scientific culture and gender issues
Tel.: 0032 2 299 16 43
Fax: 0032 2 299 37 46
Last updated 1.4.2009
Nyheter fra Department of Mathematics
- Norwegian summer school on analysis and geometry for PhD students and young researchers (14.03.2013)
- International Scientific Committee and Local Steering Committee (05.11.2012)
- IWMO 2013 in Bergen, Norway (20.09.2012)
- Researchers boycott shakes the publishing giant (03.05.2012)
- Geometry and Analysis of Complex Shapes and Applications to Mathematical Physics (27.02.2012)
- Studying Poverty in the Time of Austerity (07.05.2013)
- Literary Salon: 'The Golden Fleece: Manipulation and Independence in Humanitarian Action' (29.01.2013)
- Litterær salong: 'The Golden Fleece: Manipulation and Independence in Humanitarian Action' (29.01.2013)
- Academia: a brake on UN development goals (17.01.2013)
- With a passion for Bergen (21.12.2012)