I am part of Biomaterials UiB where my research focuses on understanding failure mechanisms of orthopaedic devices through retrieval analysis with the aim of improving test methods, device design, function and performance. This work is carried out in close collaboration with the Norwegian Arthroplasty Registry.
Further interests are tribology and surface engineering.
- 2010 accredited as a Chartered Engineer, Engineering Council, UK
- 2010 accepted as a Member to the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, UK
- 2007 Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, supervised by Prof J Fisher, University of Leeds, UK
- 2001 MEng in Automotive Engineering, University of Leeds, UK
- Osteolysis following resurfacing of the patellar in TKR
- Cement/bone to implant adhesion
- Aseptic loosening of the LCS TKR
- Aseptic loosening of the Spectron EF femoral stem
- Wear rates in all-poly and metal backed cups