- Interaction in online courses
- Use of video in instruction
- Blended learning
- Race, privilege, and social justice
- 2016. Tools for the Development of Teaching at University. 126 sider. ISBN: 978-80-223-4152-3.
- 2010. A history of philosophical and theoretical issues for mixed methods research. 3, sider 66-94. I:
- 2010. Sage handbook of mixed methods in social & behavioral research. Sage Publications. 321 sider. ISBN: 9781412972666.
- 2013. Mobile in Black and White.
- R. M. Gray. (2016). Teaching and learning as textual acts: Roland Barthes, assessment, and the value of the writerly. Theory Lessons: Constructing, Deconstructing, and Reconstructing the Classroom. Ed. Becky McLaughlin. Newcastle up Tyne, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, in press.
- Mobile in Black and White (2013), a documentary film project
- Technology Integration in Higher Education: Social and Organizational Aspects (2011), a reference book co-edited with Daniel Surry and Tres Stefurak
- Jesus Walks the Southland (2014), a book of poems
- Gray, R. M, and Dwight, J. (2011). "Toward a New Standard of Quality in Online Learning: Critical Interaction and the Death of the Online Instructor." Technology Integration in Higher Education: Social and Organizational Aspects. IGI.
- Johnson, R. B. & Gray, R. M. (2009). "A Brief History (Past and Present) of Mixed Methods Research Issues." SAGE Handbook of Mixed Methods in Social & Behavioral Research, 2nd ed. SAGE.
- Vanguri, P. R., & Gray, R. M. (2004). "Current Issues in Athletic Training: Faculty Technology Development." Athletic Therapy Today.
- Gray, R. M. (2002). "Assessing Student's Written Projects." New Directions for Teaching and Learning: Assessment Strategies for the Online Teacher: From Theory to Practice. Jossey-Bass.
- Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: Online Tools and Assessment Practices, funded by Norgesuniversitetet
- Mobile in Black and White, a documentary film project on race relations in the United States
- Development of Tools for Enhancing the Quality of University Teachers´ Scholarship of Teaching and Learning