Phone: +47 55 58 92 19
Visiting address: Fosswinckelsgate 14
- Development economics
- International economics
- Political economy
- Ph.D. Economics, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration (NHH)
- Courses in political economy, bachelor and master level, NHH and UiB
- Courses in development economics, bachelor and master level, UiB
- Course in institutions and economics, master level, UiB
- Introductory microeconomics, UiB
- Participated in numerous externally financed projects, including some as project leader, mostly on topics within development economics
Selected international publications:
Work in progress
Why Northern NGOs Hire too many Expatriates and What Southern Governments Do about It (with Ami Glazer and Jørn Rattsø), paper presented at the 13th NCDE, Helsinki, June 2014.
Gatekeeper? The IMF, Aid Flows, and Policymaking in Low Income Countries, paper presented at the 12th NCDE, Bergen, June 2013.
Spring 2014: ECON225, ECON315
- Responsibility for Foreign Debt: Theory and Empirical Investigations (2006-2008), financed by the Research Council of Norway (RCN, project leader).
- Partnerships for development (2002-2005), financed by RCN.
- Foreign Aid and Public Spending on Health and Education: a Comparative Study of Impact and Effectiveness (2002), financed by RCN (project leader).
Work in progress:
- Dancing the H-Street Waltz? Policy Choice in Aid-Dependent Countries. Working Paper 16/08, Department of Economics, UiB. http://www.uib.no/filearchive/No.%2016-08.pdf (resubmitted to Scandinavian Journal of Economics)
- Discussion Paper 02/12, Department of Economics, NHH: Do Non-Enforceable Contracts Matter? Evidence from an International Lab Experiment (with Alexander W. Cappelen, Erik Ø. Sørensen, and Bertil Tungodden).