Title: Associate Professor
Phone: +47 55 58 92 19
Visiting address: Fosswinckelsgate 14
- Development economics
- International economics
- Political economy
- Ph.D. Economics, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration (NHH)
- Courses in political economy, bachelor and master level, NHH and UiB
- Courses in development economics, bachelor and master level, UiB
- Course in institutions and economics, master level, UiB
- Introductory microeconomics, UiB
- Participated in numerous externally financed projects, including some as project leader, mostly on topics within development economics
Selected international publications:
Spring 2013: ECON225, ECON315
- Responsibility for Foreign Debt: Theory and Empirical Investigations (2006-2008), financed by the Research Council of Norway (RCN, project leader).
- Partnerships for development (2002-2005), financed by RCN.
- Foreign Aid and Public Spending on Health and Education: a Comparative Study of Impact and Effectiveness (2002), financed by RCN (project leader).
Work in progress:
- Dancing the H-Street Waltz? Policy Choice in Aid-Dependent Countries. Working Paper 16/08, Department of Economics, UiB. http://www.uib.no/filearchive/No.%2016-08.pdf (resubmitted to Scandinavian Journal of Economics)
- Discussion Paper 02/12, Department of Economics, NHH: Do Non-Enforceable Contracts Matter? Evidence from an International Lab Experiment (with Alexander W. Cappelen, Erik Ø. Sørensen, and Bertil Tungodden).