Phone: +47 55 58 92 27
Cellphone: +47 414 79 185 SMS
Visiting address: Fosswinckelsgate 14
Room number: 412
- Population Economics
- Contract theory
- Industrial organization
Born 1963. Dr. polit. 1994 (University of Bergen). Professor of Economics since 2001. Full CV.
- Økologisk jordbruk og jordbrukspolitiske målsettingar, Master’s thesis, Department of Economics, University of Bergen, 1987.
- Five essays on incentives in procurement contracting, Dissertations in Economics no. 4, Department of Economics, University of Bergen, 1994.
- “Promoting fair competition in public procurement,” Journal of Public Economics, Vol. 58: 283-307, 1995.
- “Information rent and technology choice in a regulated firm,” in Picot, A. and E. Schlicht (Eds.): Firms, Markets, and Contracts — Contributions to Neo-Institutional Economics, Corrected 2nd printing, Physica-Verlag, 1997.
- "Investors facing opportunistic governments: Is it really good to “know the market” before investing?” [with Michaela Erbenová, CERGE-EI, Prague], Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 101(3): 459-75, 1999.
- “Centralized vs. decentralized procurement: Does local information call for decentralized decision-making?” International Journal of Industrial Organization, 18: 949-963, 2000.
- "Procurement auctions with entry of bidders" [with Egil Kjerstad, SNF], International Journal of Industrial Organization 18: 1243-1257, 2000.
- "On private incentives to aquire household skills," Journal of Population Economics, 14, 301-312, 2001.
- “Consumer heterogeneity, incomplete information and pricing in a duopoly with switching costs” [with Tommy Staahl Gabrielsen, University of Bergen]. Information Economics and Policy 5(3): 384-401, 2003.
- “On how size and composition of customer bases affect equilibrium in a duopoly with switching costs [with Tommy Gabrielsen].” Review of Economic Design, 9: 59-71, 2004.
- “Education and completed fertility in Norway” [with Øivind Anti Nilsen and Ghazala Naz]. In Gustafsson, Siv; Kalwij, Adriaan (Eds.) Education and Postponement of Maternity, European Studies of Population, Vol.15. Springer Verlag, 2006.
- “Should auctioneers supply early information for prospective bidders?” International Journal of Industrial Organization, 25: 597-614, 2007.
- “Why is on-net traffic cheaper than off-net traffic? Access markup as a collusive device?” [with Tommy Gabrielsen]. European Economic Review, 52: 99–115, 2008.
- “M2M Call Termination – Regulation or Competition?” [with Tommy Gabrielsen]. Applied Economics Quarterly, 54: 203-215, 2008.
- “Access pricing in agricultural markets with regulated downstream competition and upstream externalities” [with Kristin Linnerud], European Review of Agricultural Economics, 37 (1): 77-96.
Work in progress
- Price discrimination with uncertain consumers. Mimeo, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Mommy tracks and public policy: On self-fulfilling prophecies and gender gaps in promotion. WP 0600, Department of Economics, University of Bergen (with Kjell Erik Lommerud). Second resubmission invited by the Journal of Labor Economics.
- Playing monopoly with the government: Time inconsistency of industrial policy revisited. Mimeo, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.