About the group
Nowadays, Mathematics changes its face and there are no directions restricted to a particular area any longer. Thus our research is a synthesis of several subjects including mechanical and engineering applications. The Analysis Group works on a wide range of problems originated from various fields such as Analysis itself, Geometry, Mathematical Physics, Hamiltonian Mechanics, Cosmology. Physical and Engineering prediction and intuition sometimes are braked by technical constrains, e.g., the progress in elementary particle studies depends on the power of modern accelerators. Here Mathematics provides new ideas and develops new concepts which are to be confirmed then experimentally.
Particular topics include:
- Analysis and Hamiltonian Systems
- Banach Spaces of Analytic Functions
- Evolution Processes and Free Boundary Problems
- Hamiltonian Mechanics and non-Riemannian structures
- Conformal Field Theory
We have strong international integration. Analysis Group is a central node of the European Network “Harmonic and Complex Analysis and its Applications” (10 countries, 27 universities)
Welcome to the web page of the Analysis Group!
Using menus over these lines you can find information on our research group, its participants, publications, scientific and educational activities, such as seminars, conferences, research programmes and Master's degree projects.
Here is the link to the web page of the Analysis Group from the old version of the university web site. Here you can also find links to the participants' personal web-pages from that site.
A project led by prof. Alexander Vasiliev has recently won a grant of the Research Council of Norway
After the 3-month stay in Stockholm, at the Mittag-Leffler institute, the members of the Analysis group finally got back to Bergen and are ready to start dealing with new mathematical challenges again.
Professor Irina Markina has won a grant of the Norwegian Research Council (NFR) in the nomination FRINAT.
- Norwegian summer school on analysis and geometry for PhD students and young researchers (14.03.2013)
- Geometry and Analysis of Complex Shapes and Applications to Mathematical Physics (27.02.2012)
- New participants of the analysis group (25.01.2012)
- Analysis seminars: Spring semester 2012 (23.01.2012)
- Tschüss, Christian! (19.04.2011)